Phantom 3 4k Gimbal board needed

Reaction score
Hi purchased a used Phantom 3 4k with the camera not working . Camera boots up but then just drops straight down. There is no camera feed. I bought a used gimbal board off ebay but was worse. It was totally dead the arm processor immediately went into overheat. If some has a working gimal board please let me know. Thx.

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Have you replaced the ribbon cable out of the camera? Using the original board? That is a more common problem then the board. Good luck

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've spent a bit of time troubleshooting the board. Ribbon cable was first thought. But I went through testing and found that even with or with out the camera attached to the board the Sd would not read. Tried 3 Sd cards. Connected to laptop the gimbal board would read the Sd card for a moment and then nothing, over and over. IF running the Drone and try to do a firmware upgrade it would always show no Sd card detected. Under magnifying glass inspection There was also a capacitor missing from a solder point. and some of the DC voltages were not present.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Droning Dave Iorwerth