Phantom 3 4K and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

Reaction score
Brand new pilot and find my old Samsung Galaxy S5 phone just not up to the task (still works as phone tho). I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 because I can get multiple uses out of it (but really looking for a great tab for flight). I've been searching but cannot find anyone who has tried it so far. The specs seem pretty good. Any thoughts?

Samsung phones and tablets seem to be hit or miss no matter what the "Recommended Devices" are listed. However, I use a Galaxy TAB S2 which works well...BUT it also depends on the version of the Tablet or Phone as well, which makes it even more difficult.

the Samsung galaxy S3 Tablet works flawlessly on my P34K and My P3S its a pricy tablet but worth every penny

Thanks guys! I think I'll proceed with the Tab S3 based on your comments.
your welcome I tried several tablets and phones and so far nothing has compared to the Tab S3 and the S8+ phone for perfect lag free flight and I've flown out to 12,000 feet without a single hiccup. as with any device you use you will want to dump anything that's on the tablet that isn't required for the tablet to work, those programs just bog your CPU down. I turn on airplane mode as well when I'm flying.

to windy here in Maryland also brother No flight time today

I bit of an update. I did get some stick time and starting to learn both how to fly the bird as well as work with videos; still in 'Beginner Mode'. Nothing 'post' worthy as yet but I can say that the Galaxy Tab S3 is a super device and worth anyone taking a look at if in the market. I did find that taking the raw videos off the SD card on the camera and importing directly to my desktop system (as opposed to the S3) for processing works best. More as it develops.

I bit of an update. I did get some stick time and starting to learn both how to fly the bird as well as work with videos; still in 'Beginner Mode'. Nothing 'post' worthy as yet but I can say that the Galaxy Tab S3 is a super device and worth anyone taking a look at if in the market. I did find that taking the raw videos off the SD card on the camera and importing directly to my desktop system (as opposed to the S3) for processing works best. More as it develops.
Awesome Happy its working well for you. Its always best to take the SD card from the drone and empty the pics and vids to your home computer the images are so much better that way. A buddy of mine took a bunch of pictures and video over a 6 month period and said they were all crappy. we went flying and he was showing me the images on his tablet and complaining how bad they were, I asked him if that was his method for viewing them the whole time he's had the drone and he said yep. I pulled out my laptop took his SD card stuck it in my laptop and he was blown away at the difference. I do have a pretty high end Gaming Laptop, so to show him it wasn't just my laptop I put it in my work laptop and they were still awesome. he no longer sends them to his tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20