Phantom 2V+ V3.0 Maximum range?

no point having huge control range when you lose wifi signal in 300 metres and can't see the darn thing! that is why I updated my wifi antenna now i get more wifi signal than control signal !

There are various upgrades to both the control and video antennas that can be done (bird & pilot side), prices range from just a few bucks up to 100's of bucks (or even more).

There are also threads on this forum, that show you how to improve signal by just moving the existing bird side antennas to new locations, cost free.

I personally, have upgraded to a full stage 3 kit with extra antenna on the bird and pilot sides, range is increased (not sure what the max is yet - but I have flown around 2 miles without loss of control or video - I think the available battery power will set the limits rather than the new antennas capabilities).

More importantly, the signal is solid and strong, without any loss or drop.

Google is your friend, there are a number of options, some suppliers even offer a fitting service.

I would always advise using some sort of tracking system when flying beyond sight. I cannot recommend Flytrex Live enough.... It works!

On one occasion it helped me find my bird over 2 miles away after a bad flight when everything went wrong (my own fault - I inadvertently installed a new but faulty 4mm GPS antenna). But that's another story.

Kev

Last edited:
I gave up trying to fly FPV at more than 200m range. But still like to set up GPS mode to fly at 500m distances and, even when the display shows "connection broken" I'm happy to watch later what is recorded.

If your looking for a cheap mod you can move the bird side 2.4 ghz dji antennas to the outside of the bird. And I personally recommend going ahead and adding the ITelite antenna to the pilot side as well. With the ITelite antenna alone you shouldn't have any problem getting out to 8000 feet with good LOS. That antenna is also tuned very nicely with the stock 5.8 ghz and 2.4 ghz antennas that are on the phantom already . Or if you're really wanting to stretch out your range just go ahead and go with the stage 3 or stage 4 fpvlr setup. The owner Tony is very helpful and he'll do whatever he can to help you reach your goals . Also if you fly higher you will fly father as well.

about 750m , all unmodded , at that distance video still on, control usually lost first , TX in FCC mode, 960m max distance reached once.
Sometimes weather also make difference, I hit record distance in cloudy weather, when sunny signal drops at 700-800m.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl