Phantom 2 with Lightbridge installed. RC won't communicate with my P2

Reaction score
Hello guys,

This is my very first post since I recently became a proud owner of a phantom 2 (with zenmuse h3-2d, a Hero 3 and lightbridge allready installed) which I bought second hand (almost new) from a friend who just got the new phantom 3. As you can all imagine I'm a noob and I'm allready feeling that I'm swimming in deep water:/
My problem is that the original 2.4Ghz remote won't communicate with the phantom. I've managed to control it using a Futaba T14SG that my friend gave me until I figure this out.
The thing is that, at the moment I am unable to buy a €500 RC and I was wondering if you could point me down to what other (cheaper) options I may have.
I saw that the new 2.4 GHz remote has a trainer port and in the description it says that it supports lightbridge but it also says that it doesn't support my gimbal (H3-2D). Or is there a workaround for controling the gimbal?
Also I've seen a video where they were using the 5.8Ghz old remote with the 5.8GHz receiver (replacing the 2.4Ghz receiver from inside the P2) but the range would be significally shorter (I mean what's the point of using the lightbridge if the range of the controller is shorter than the range of the lightbridge ?).
Finally could you please tell me if there is any other cheaper Futaba or non Futaba RC that can get the job done?
Thank you very much in advance guys! Every little tip or insight will be highly appreciated!

P.S.: Can someone tell me how to calibrate the compass on my P2 using the futaba T14SG that I'm using atm?

Ok so I had to give back the futaba that I borrowed from my friend so I decided to go with the option of replacing the 2.4Ghz receiver on my phantom with a 5.8Ghz and using an old 5.8Ghz dji transmitter. I did everything as shown in the official dji video:

However, although I paired the 5.8Ghz transmitter with my phantom 2, (the binding indicator at the bottom of the P2 blinks red when my transmitter is off and when I turn my transmitter on the light indicator turns off) I cannot turn on the rotors with my transmitter. In fact I am able to tilt my GOPRO on my H3-2d gimbal using the tilt control at the back of the transmitter (that also shows that the transmitter is actually paired with the P2) but I cannot conttrol my P2:(
Do you have any suggestions guys or any ideas of what might be wrong?
Please I feel kind of desperate right now:/
Also if an administrator sees this post and thinks that it doesn't belong here please feel free to move it to a better suited place in the forum.
Thank you very much!

Calibrate the R/C using the R/C assistant. You may find that this will cure the problem.

Please be aware that the range on the 5.8GHz R/C is very limited compared to the Futaba or stock controller.

Thank you for the immidiate reply mate:)

I updated the controller to its latest firmware and callibrated. Also my P2 runs its latest firmware. Unfortunately I still cannot turn on the rotors.
I can only tilt the gimbal up and down:/
Is there anything else I can try?

ok guys funny thing. I manage to start up the rotors by moving the left control stick on the upper left corner and the right control stick on the upper right. It looks like all the controls are completely opposite. For example the pitch control is on the right control stick (I'm using mode 1 on the RC assistant) and it goes up if I press it down:/
Do you think its a transmitter related issue or should I reopen my Phantom 2 to doublecheck my connections?
In any case I'm glad that I'm making progress:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4