Phantom 2 Vision Propellers

Reaction score
I recently purchased these props through amazon: 4 Pairs 8pcs 9" 9443 Self-Tightening Propeller Prop For DJI Phantom 2 Vision, 2 Vision + Plus, Phantom 1, FC40 (4 CW + 4 CCW) and they are crap! any ideas as to where I can pick up some good (non-carbon fiber) ones!
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Last edited:
I recently purchased these props through amazon: 4 Pairs 8pcs 9" 9443 Self-Tightening Propeller Prop For DJI Phantom 2 Vision, 2 Vision + Plus, Phantom 1, FC40 (4 CW + 4 CCW) and they are crap! any ideas as to where I can pick up some good (non-carbon fiber) ones!
Thanks in advance

If you get a prop balancer you may be able to salvage a spare set or so out of those knockoffs.

if you can get them balanced they will at least work. I keep the ones I though I was getting a deal as emergency spares

If you get a prop balancer you may be able to salvage a spare set or so out of those knockoffs.

if you can get them balanced they will at least work. I keep the ones I though I was getting a deal as emergency spares
The trouble with these Kirk, is that they will not screw unto the motors at all. They just will not tighten in any way shape or form. What's funny is I actually took the time to balance all 4 pairs b4 I tried them on! Lol!

The trouble with these Kirk, is that they will not screw unto the motors at all. They just will not tighten in any way shape or form. What's funny is I actually took the time to balance all 4 pairs b4 I tried them on! Lol!

that is really screwed up! lol

to bad for the wasted time balancing. when I first got my vision plus in Jan I crashed it and broke all 4 props (20F makes props brittle).
found out quickly to stay with dji branded and when I find them I get a set or 2 to have as spares

besides the price, whats the difference between those and these: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-DJI-P...sim_21_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZKCBHDQ1R7NFFRH3QTW
with shipping $24.17

Hey Trump,
the main difference is the pitch. In essence, how much the blades are angled. Not expressed in degrees, but in the distance the prop will travel on one rotation. I know it may be confusing, but the 9443 are 9" long and will travel 4.43" upward of rotated once. The 9450 are also 9" long and will travel 4.5". In other words, the latter will have more thrust, but at a price of battery consumption.

There is a neat trick to make your ill fitting blades fit. Ream the nut in the prop out just a little bit. I believe it is a 5/16 drill bit. It is minor, see what size it is. Don't worry, you won't hurt the threads as they are cut into the nut. If you look at the motor, the shaft is slightly wider than the hole in your props...

They both seem to be genuine DJI. Since everyone is upgrading to the 9450s, they're asking more for them now. If you need to save money, and who doesn't, go with the 9443s. almost as good...

Last edited:
Hey Trump,
the main difference is the pitch. In essence, how much the blades are angled. Not expressed in degrees, but in the distance the prop will travel on one rotation. I know it may be confusing, but the 9443 are 9" long and will travel 4.43" upward of rotated once. The 9450 are also 9" long and will travel 4.5". In other words, the latter will have more thrust, but at a price of battery consumption.

There is a neat trick to make your ill fitting blades fit. Ream the nut in the prop out just a little bit. I believe it is a 5/16 drill bit. It is minor, see what size it is. Don't worry, you won't hurt the threads as they are cut into the nut. If you look at the motor, the shaft is slightly wider than the hole in your props...

They both seem to be genuine DJI. Since everyone is upgrading to the 9450s, they're asking more for them now. If you need to save money, and who doesn't, go with the 9443s. almost as good...
I did not know this. I never put much thought or importance on the props. Thanks for the education!
Since I've already sanded these props in an attempt to balance them, I'll try to ream out the hole as you suggest!

Hey Trump,

Nice post 101,
Like very much;)
I've stuck with the 9443s & have had trouble freeeeee flying. As they say "if it ain't broke why fix it";)

Reactions: TrumperyDusk
That's pretty close...

The props are actually 9.4 inches in diameter with a resultant pitch of 4.3 and 5.0 inches respectively.

Reactions: Intruder101
That's pretty close...

The props are actually 9.4 inches in diameter with a resultant pitch of 4.3 and 5.0 inches respectively.

You are right,I was off by a decimal... thanks.

Careful! The link you sent takes you to a set on Amazon that claims to be OEM. Read the feedback below on the page. They are knockoffs... and you receive only one pair instead of two. Hope this reaches you on time before you go and order...
Thanks for hi-lighting that! When the time comes, I'm going to order from DJI. Cant go wrong there and the price seems to be the same. I haven't ordered anything yet because I'm not allowed to buy things for myself in the month before Birthdays, Christmas and Fathers Day. Learned that lesson long ago, lol!!! Thanks, my friend!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.