Phantom 2 Vision Plus with Gopro and FPV

Reaction score
I came across this thread from RC geeks showing how to remove the Vision Plus camera and replace it with a Gopro and still get FPV.

I was lucky enough to pick up a P2 with a zenmeuse gimbal and decided to try it, and sure enough it works, albeit with a few small issues.

You cant use an IOS device, well to be precise you can but you wont, for some unknown reason, get Telemetry data (works fine on Android) and you can't enable recording from the app.

You can still use Litchi, Ultimate Flight app as well as the original DJI Vision app.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On mine, I trashed the whole Wifi module, put in an aftermarket OSD module hooked up to a 2.4Ghz Vtx and I used a SJ5000 camera.
It works flawlessly!
I still have that bird, and it still flies.

Here is a video I did that shows the screen on my phone along with the camera recorded video....

Last edited:
Reactions: crash1sttime
On mine, I trashed the whole Wifi module, put in an aftermarket OSD module hooked up to a 2.4Ghz Vtx and I used a SJ5000 camera.
It works flawlessly!
I still have that bird, and it still flies.

Here is a video I did that shows the screen on my phone along with the camera recorded video....
Do you have any documented details of this? (Apologies if I've missed it in my searching)
I've got a dead WiFi module and I don't seem to be able to find any definite guide on getting rid of it and replacing with a generic Vtx.
I've got a perfectly good P2V+ other than this module.

Do you have any documented details of this? (Apologies if I've missed it in my searching)
I've got a dead WiFi module and I don't seem to be able to find any definite guide on getting rid of it and replacing with a generic Vtx.
I've got a perfectly good P2V+ other than this module.

There a lots of guides in the Phantom 2 section, remember that Ron used a 2.4ghz system (not widely available) instead of the usual 5.8ghz system as this will interfere with the controller.

The module can be repaired by flashing, the guide is on my youtube channel

Last edited:
Reactions: t1mm0
There a lots of guides in the Phantom 2 section, remember that Ron used a 2.4ghz system (not widely available) instead of the usual 5.8ghz system as this will interfere with the controller.

The module can be repaired by flashing, the guide is on my youtube channel
Thanks. Unfortunately I've tried multiple times to reflash the WiFi module but it keeps coming up with...
Code:
Loading from nand0, offset 0x4a0000
** Unknown image type
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Loading from nand0, offset 0x900000
** Unknown image type
Dji-Pro #

Thanks. Unfortunately I've tried multiple times to reflash the WiFi module but it keeps coming up with...
Code:
Loading from nand0, offset 0x4a0000
** Unknown image type

Loading from nand0, offset 0x900000
** Unknown image type
Dji-Pro #
Ive seent his happen when the wrong files are used, which files are you using

Im currently working with quaddamage to fix a similar issue