Your favorite drone is a?

• Phantom series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavic pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ok group.
I aquired a P2 v+ a couple weeks ago. It was a unclaimed lost drone. The finders found it after flying their own drones and took it to PD. PD researched it and found no lost or stolen reports for said drone. It was returned to finders who decided that they didnt need another, as I had recently been talking to them about a starter drone they contacted me. I now have a drone but it came with no charge cables or other cables of any kind. So can anyone give me a list of what I need to fly.......lol.

Hello,
Thanks for being honest, about acquiring your drone! Most are not!
That being said

You will need a few things!

1) Tx ( radio ) dial wheel version 5.8Ghz ( NOT 2.4 Ghz )
2) dji phantom 2 charger ( 11.1v version )
3) with the craft sitting for unknown amount of time, your battery may or may not hold a complete charge? You might want a new one? Optional!
4) USB to mini USB cable ( data transfer version NOT POWER ONLY )
And
5) Range extender RE700 version
6) phone holder for Tx if it does not come with it!
7) optional New set of dji props ( balanced )

This should get your craft to a flyable state!
But
Before you fly it!
You will need a Pc or laptop
Go to DJI.com and find ( phantom 2 vision + download page )
1) RC ASSISTANT ( this is for tuning and calibrating your controller )
2) PC ASSISTANT ( this is for tuning and calibrating craft )
3) DRIVER ( this allows Pc to communicate with craft )

I would do a full calibration before you attempt to fly!

1) calibrate Tx
Hook tx to Pc via cable ( USB to mini USB )
Open RC assistant ( not PC assistant )
Calibrate BOTH sticks
Both toggles
And Dial wheel
( then turn the D.C. And unhook, and close RC assistant out )

2) calibrate Tx to bird and bird
Hook phantom to Pc via same cable
Open PC ASSISTANT
calibrate tx again ( both sticks, both toggles, and dial wheel )
( this will set tx to bird )
Then with bird level and stable ALL directions, do an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION
unhook and close Pc assistant
Lastly
Take the bird outside and do a compass calibration

Now bird should be back to new, and ready to fly!

Lastly, you will need to acquire your Mac addy from your craft
Here is a video on how to

Once your Mac addy is found, you can link your extender to bird to get live video feed back to your phone or smart device!

There are YouTube videos on how to link Tx to bird, and extender to bird, very simple, but watch them! You will need the knowledge!

Hope this helps, and if you get stuck, just ask. We are here if you need us!

J Dot
:cool:

Great, thanks for info. Here are some pics of what i got. Drone was at half charge, remote also but wifi extender was dead. I charged remote ans wifi. Was able to fly drone short time but had a blast!. So.......lol

When you post, at the bottom right side of post box, you'll see " UPLOAD A FILE "
Click that choose picture you want ( then choose insert picture, it will add it to your post, then hit post!

J Dot

Nope nothing. After checking upload file, no links to pic of any kind. Lol its my luck. I will fly and then Crash and need new drone. Lol

Upload file only uploads files from your phone or device you are using at the time, if you are using a host like Photobucket or the web then choose ( the picture icon above in lower middle box, to the right of the smiley face ( looks like a mountain with a sun picture )) once link box comes up ( paste your link URL there ) then INSERT, you might not see the picture until you hit post, ( obviously you'll have to copy ( cut ) picture URL first, so you can paste it to link! ) hope this helps!

J Dot

Pic 1

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1504727367728.jpg
    FB_IMG_1504727367728.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 438
Your getting it! Lol
Bird looks in very good condition!

J Dot
That depends. What do you see in my posts? I have android and apparently the former owner did as well as i recieved live feed to my Note 4 when all things flew. Still have 4 more images but this site really tries my patience when it comes to posting info.

That depends. What do you see in my posts? I have android and apparently the former owner did as well as i recieved live feed to my Note 4 when all things flew. Still have 4 more images but this site really tries my patience when it comes to posting info.
And your trem Tx? What the h is Tx? The remote or some other device?

Yes Tx is the remote ( transmitter tx for short )
I only see one picture, in attachment form, it is of the bird camera facing me!

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl