Phantom 2 Vision Contoller Compatability

I’m a new owner and my controller looses contact at 300 feet. I can’t be sure, but I think the previous owner pulled the cable from the antenna to the board out. I’ve reinserted it, but can’t get much distance. Would a new controller be the way to go, or is there a fix to get more distance?

You're probably referring to FPV. Yes, the FPV connection is notoriously short range. I think the specs is 300 meters, but I'm not sure I ever even got that much on the Vision. But it doesn't really matter. Just get the P2V+ controller, V3. It's soooooo much better. You get the gimbal control knob on the left top, you get better control range, and you get the RE 700 which will add a lot to your FPV range. Be sure to read the manual at least twice. Have fun!

FPV? After the camera firmware update I am in the same boat as many ... no live feed. Distance, altitude etc all there, but am flying blind. I just don’t know why the specs and assistant say max distance is 1067m, and I can only fly 92m away before the screen says that the signal is lost, and my drone then “comes home”.

You have no live feed? You didn't mention that in the OP. That is a different problem.

That could be a number of things. Replacing the controller with a P2V+ V3 may or may not solve your problem.

I'm not sure where you saw 1067 meters in the specs.

You may want to do some research by using the search function here on this site. It's the little magnifying glass icon located in the upper right of your screen.

Good luck.

You have no live feed? You didn't mention that in the OP. That is a different problem.

That could be a number of things. Replacing the controller with a P2V+ V3 may or may not solve your problem.

I'm not sure where you saw 1067 meters in the specs.

You may want to do some research by using the search function here on this site. It's the little magnifying glass icon located in the upper right of your screen.

Good luck.

1067m according to DJI Assistant.

If DJI Assistant says the max distance is 1067m, then it's because somebody set the max distance to be 1067m. It's user defined.

If DJI Assistant says the max distance is 1067m, then it's because somebody set the max distance to be 1067m. It's user defined.

So the distance mentioned on DJI website says 500m in an open area, which is where I’m doing ALL of flying to get used to the new drone, why am I not able to fly anything even close to that?

There are a lot of possible reasons why your AC is RTHing at 92 meters.

You bought this system used. The first P2Vs came out in late 2013. Potentially it is over 4 years old.

Could be a bad controller. Could be you aren't aiming your controller correctly. Could be you're not flying in a good environment. Could be a bad/weak battery combined with your RTH setting in your app. Could be any combination of these.

But you also have the FPV problem. You'd want to search to figure out the best way to fix that. You might need to buy a new used camera.

As I said before, replacing the controller with a tested P2V+ V3 might solve all your problems, but if not, it should at least solve the early RTH problem.

Another idea is to just go buy a P3S. They are pretty cheap now.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.