Phantom 2 Vision Camera Physical Connection

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just doing a physical check on my phantom and I saw that my camera is disconnected on one side. The side with the screw is connected but the other side is not connected to the gimbal. Theres 2 black dots on the inside where it is not connected. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be disconnected or is there something wrong with my camera?

Attachments

• 20150609_181107.jpg
    20150609_181107.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 395
I'm not sure what you are seeing. As I can't see anything wrong in the pic!
Can you take a different pic, or point to what is wrong with your finger in the pic?
Are you taking about the WIRE I see?

Or the camera egg, is disconnected somehow?

Thanks, I have a P2v as well, and can compare yours with mine to either get it fixed, or no problem at all!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

I'm not sure what you are seeing. As I can't see anything wrong in the pic!
Can you take a different pic, or point to what is wrong with your finger in the pic?
Are you taking about the WIRE I see?

Or the camera egg, is disconnected somehow?

Thanks, I have a P2v as well, and can compare yours with mine to either get it fixed, or no problem at all!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Hey!
Okay well you know how the camera egg itself is connected to the gimbal? Theres a screw on one side and nothing on the other? Well the side that has a screw on it is connected to the gimbal while the other side is not connected to the gimbal at all. Can you catch my drift with this?

Just looked at mine, the side in your pic ( side opposite screw ) on egg, that side has a small PIN ( mounted on gimbal not egg ) the pin slides into small hole on camera egg arm ( side in picture above ) if you take a flashlight, and look through small gap, you should see the pin! If the camera egg is OFF the pin, that requires you to remove screw, gently pry back white plastic servo connector ( the screw holds this piece in ) Take camera egg off, then reassemble back onto the pin, slide back servo connector piece, replace screw, replace rubber dust shield. Should be good to go ( take note of camera position when you take it apart, reassemble same ANGLE ) or servo will be off sync, I always level mine before disassembly, that way no guessing! Just keep level during reassembly! Hope this helps

J Dot

Okay I see what youre saying. I looked and I don't have a pin from my gimbal to my egg arm. Its just a black dot on the arm and a black dot on the gimbal. If you look straight through it is just open space. So I guess mine is broken

Yes, it broke off, looks like!
Man that sucks. I would not fly it like that, as it can ultimately destroy your servo gear as well.

J Dot

Yes, it broke off, looks like!
Man that sucks. I would not fly it like that, as it can ultimately destroy your servo gear as well.

J Dot

****, this sucks. Do you know where I can get this replaced or buy a new one online?

Hello Dylan,
First off, Welcome! Did not realize you were a new member! Lol

I have this part, but let me explain,
This came off a phantom that hit the ocean, and took a saltwater bath for several hours, before it was found. Phantom was complete loss, but I kept some parts from it, like this one.

It has a few scratches on the top
41EC34E4-75BA-48B6-B1CA-40A5F80FD3BE_zpsxwl1cohf.jpg

Now
The bottom has some rust stains on it, from the servo
F96CE343-C502-4C0C-8CBC-84B182E38B0B_zpshik50ahx.jpg

I'm sure it could be cleaned up a bit, but it is not broken in any way, only a bit beat up looking, lol.

If you are located in the USA, I'd be happy to send it to you, to replace yours, if you want, and are ok with it looking a bit used!

Please let me know?

J Dot

Hello Dylan,
First off, Welcome! Did not realize you were a new member! Lol

I have this part, but let me explain,
This came off a phantom that hit the ocean, and took a saltwater bath for several hours, before it was found. Phantom was complete loss, but I kept some parts from it, like this one.

It has a few scratches on the top
41EC34E4-75BA-48B6-B1CA-40A5F80FD3BE_zpsxwl1cohf.jpg

Now
The bottom has some rust stains on it, from the servo
F96CE343-C502-4C0C-8CBC-84B182E38B0B_zpshik50ahx.jpg

I'm sure it could be cleaned up a bit, but it is not broken in any way, only a bit beat up looking, lol.

If you are located in the USA, I'd be happy to send it to you, to replace yours, if you want, and are ok with it looking a bit used!

Please let me know?

J Dot

Haha yes, I just joined today! Thank you!
I've had my phantom for some time now and thought I should join a forum lol.

I actually found a new piece online for only 10 buck so Ill just buy it off that website. Pretty cheap so its no biggie. I really appreciate you offering up yours though. I've never taken apart mine before so this is going to be interesting when I try to replace the part lol

Reactions: J Dot
I'd be glad to make a video how to for you! It is SIMPLE if you know the SECRET! Lol

J Dot

Thanks, I'm always willing to help a fellow pilot out ( if I can ) lol.

I'd be glad to make a video how to for you! It is SIMPLE if you know the SECRET! Lol

J Dot

Thanks, I'm always willing to help a fellow pilot out ( if I can ) lol.

Haha I might have to get back to you once my part comes in because I really don't want to mess this up

Lol,
I'll make you a video short! It really is easy! There is 1 part that can be difficult, if you don't know how to get it out, my video will show you, once you know, it will be a breeze, the hard part is taking it apart, but yours is broken, and will come apart easily, putting back together is the easy part!

I'll post a bit later tonight for you!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Lol,
I'll make you a video short! It really is easy! There is 1 part that can be difficult, if you don't know how to get it out, my video will show you, once you know, it will be a breeze, the hard part is taking it apart, but yours is broken, and will come apart easily, putting back together is the easy part!

I'll post a bit later tonight for you!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Thank you so much!

Hey Dylan,
Here is the video to help with your fix!
Sorry got late last night. But I'm back, and here it is:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Take care, Fly Safe, and Good Luck!

J Dot
:)

Awesome! Thank a lot, I really appreciate your help here! I order a new gimbal and it should be coming in next week so I'll definitely be watching this when I take it apart

No problem Bro,
Take care, and hope to see you around here! There are a lot of GREAT guys/gals here. It is funny, you almost become family here! If you ever need anything, please feel free to pm me anytime!

Your friend,
J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic