Phantom 2 V+ Litchi app Error

Reaction score
Hi,
Now in 2021 when I install and start Litchi for P2, I get message "App Error Server meta data parer failed" and can not connect to drone.
Is there some workaround, how to get activation data to the app co get it work?
Thx :-(
Or do you know any other app with same features for P2 V+ ?

But there must be some workaround for it, maybe it just need to copy some data from working phone to think it, it was already connected to those servers and not need connection again :-(
If anyone has phone with working app, can you please write here the type of the phone?(prefered samsung)If the phone has custom firmware or root, it is possible to make a full ROM backup and share with others, I could install it in mine and check.
Or, there is one app, that can backup/restore app and its settings named HELIUM from ClockworkMod, can someone try to use it for backup Litchi P2 and share for others?
Thx.

Last edited:
Hmm.
I do have Litchi for P2 on an old Motorola running Android 7 which I use with my P2V+. The app was loaded last November, beating the shut off.
I have just loaded the Helium app to it.
There seems to be some warnings about it not being straightforward though.
I may have some time to try it next week if that would help.

Reactions: hdano
Hmm.
I do have Litchi for P2 on an old Motorola running Android 7 which I use with my P2V+. The app was loaded last November, beating the shut off.
I have just loaded the Helium app to it.
There seems to be some warnings about it not being straightforward though.
I may have some time to try it next week if that would help.
Sure, if it works with your P2, that will be perfect, I will try to restore in mine phone/tablet, if you will be able to do backup.
Here is video how to use helium,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
First ,on phone u need to enable USB debugging and then enable PTP mode after connecting phone to PC, then run .exe of helium on PC, that is it.
(koush/support-wiki)
Then just select litchi in helium, and backup. Helium will create folder named "carbon" in your internal storage, and that should be all what we need(hopefully)?
if you need help, just pm me or e-mail @ [email protected]
Thank you very much !

Sure, if it works with your P2, that will be perfect, I will try to restore in mine phone/tablet, if you will be able to do backup.
Here is video how to use helium,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
First ,on phone u need to enable USB debugging and then enable PTP mode after connecting phone to PC, then run .exe of helium on PC, that is it.
(koush/support-wiki)
Then just select litchi in helium, and backup. Helium will create folder named "carbon" in your internal storage, and that should be all what we need(hopefully)?
if you need help, just pm me or e-mail @ [email protected]
Thank you very much !

I have an old S4 with litchi on it but the apk wont install.

Although to be 100% honest even backing up the app wont work unless it somehow captures the post authenticated state of the app

But there must be some workaround for it, maybe it just need to copy some data from working phone to think it, it was already connected to those servers and not need connection again :-(
If anyone has phone with working app, can you please write here the type of the phone?(prefered samsung)If the phone has custom firmware or root, it is possible to make a full ROM backup and share with others, I could install it in mine and check.
Or, there is one app, that can backup/restore app and its settings named HELIUM from ClockworkMod, can someone try to use it for backup Litchi P2 and share for others?
Thx.

I have a rooted S4 with Litchi

So your rooted s4 can connect to P2 and still works?
If so, then It will be possible to do complete rom backup, and I will buy S4 and restore your backup to it.
There is probably no other way :-(
App "Titanium backup" should do the thing.

Reactions: crash1sttime
So your rooted s4 can connect to P2 and still works?
If so, then It will be possible to do complete rom backup, and I will buy S4 and restore your backup to it.
There is probably no other way :-(
App "Titanium backup" should do the thing.

sorry its an S3 not S4, I tried TB and restored it to an S7, the app still has the same issue, guess its not going to be an easy fix

Last edited:
Reactions: hdano
Has anyone found a solution to this or even an alternative app that is just as good?

Has anyone found a solution to this or even an alternative app that is just as good?

Ive been onto Litchi support who have been onto DJI with no reponse, i've given up.

So is anyone up there with working Litchi app and rooted phone?
There is possibility to make a complete ROM backup and share with others.
(Rom manager, TWRP or other will do the job.)
So we could load the ROM to the same phone, and do a "clone" of the phone.
Pleeeeeas ???

Technical details of the DJI Mobile SDK authentication here

SDK Manager - DJI Mobile SDK Documentation

Sounds like it is actually going to be quite hard to work around this if they have taken the authentication servers off line as you would need to modify the SDK itself to not need this and then get the Litchi app recompiled against the modified SDK

Although to add to my own reply, reading the SDK verification it stores a file in the cache on the local file system of your phone as it only needs to be authenticated once at first run, so if we can find someone with a phone that does work and has this file, then we can simply copy it to other phones and the check won't need to be run

"When the application is first run, this key will be sent to a DJI server to validate the application can use the SDK. If successful, the result will be locally cached on the mobile device. Every subsequent initialization of the application on the mobile device will check the local cache if there is no connection to the internet."

FYI I just purchased the version of Flightplan specifically made for P2 V+ drones and that has the same registration issue too so it is all 3rd party P2 V+ applications that are now dead

Trying to get a refund from them as that's £8.99 wasted otherwise!

I can not get my P2+ to work. I am getting the same issues you all are having. I wasted my money. I should of not trust the seller. I paid 80.00 for it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31