Phantom 2+ lost

Reaction score
I was flying just about 100m as the control told me satellite connection lost. Ok, no problem, he can come back. But he was going down in the middle of a forest in the mountains. No chance to climb up there. Really a pain. I have tested this come back function and it worked perfect, why this time not, no idea. I tired to climb up there but had to return since it was even more difficult to climb down.
Means no more Phantom for now. I wait now what coming out in the next time.

If you lose satellite connection, you have no GPS. Without GPS, the Phantom has no idea where it is or how to return home.

Reactions: Falcon900
I had almost a similar problem the other day. At least I thought it was a problem. I was flying and my youngest son (4) also wanted to take over the controls so I gave him the remote (under my close supervision of course) and he did something and WHOOSSHHH!!! the bird flew away!!! It was windy so the fly-away speed was pretty fast and I had difficult to control it. I could see some flashing LED's and remembered to check the S1 switch. Indeed this switch was accidentally set by my son to the ATTI function (mid position). The height stayed the same but the GPS steady hold was not functioning. I flipped it back to GPS (up position) and thank God it hovered. Luckily there was just enough battery left to bring her home! So, I had my moment... But yeah... your problem was indeed no GPS at all so the aircraft didn't have any clue where it is and started the auto landing feature. Now the question is; how could this happen? I would think that OR the GPS module got a glitch by something OR that suddenly there were far to less satellites in order to stay put. Nevertheless, you've lost yours and I'm sorry. I hope you would get her back some day.

Yep, GPS is your map back home. Just like you were in your car following the GPS to a destination and shut it off..... Ops now your lost with out the map...
Same with the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl