Phantom 4 not recognized by windows 10 usb

Reaction score
Hadn't flew my Phantom 4 for a few months, have a vision sensor calibration warning. Tried to connect to 2 different computers with no luck, both say the unit malfunctioned and not recognized by the USB port. It will connect to the controller just fine, will activate propellers but I cannot update firmware or calibrate the sensors. Anyone else with this issue?

Have you had a look at the device manager on Win 10 to see it there is a fault with the USB connection e.g yellow asterisk etc.

Try disabling "driver signature enforcement" this might allow the DJI driver to load on the PC.

I had the same warning on my drone. I just calibrated my VPS had to down load dji assist2 It was easier that I thought That’s the only way your cpu will recognize your phamton 4. That I know of.

Have you had a look at the device manager on Win 10 to see it there is a fault with the USB connection e.g yellow asterisk etc.

Try disabling "driver signature enforcement" this might allow the DJI driver to load on the PC.

Thanks for your reply. I tried the device and several other recommended avenues that were suggested with no positive results. Finally gave up and sent the unit to DJI.

I had the same warning on my drone. I just calibrated my VPS had to down load dji assist2 It was easier that I thought That’s the only way your cpu will recognize your phamton 4. That I know of.
Well nothing worked, unit not recognized on any PC. Finally just sent the unit to DJI. Thanks

After multiple attempts to remedy the issue, I just gave up and sent the unit to DJI for repair. Was amazed at what they found. I purchase this unit from QVC, the only one I could find, under the assumption that it was brand new. Well, after receiving the pictures from DJI from their initial inspection, the unit had damage consistent with a hard landing. Damage to the gimball, and hair line cracks on the frame. I had only flown the unit less than 5 times and never even came close to a hard landing, so unit apparently was a return to QVC. Unit is over a year old, out of warranty, so I'm on the hook to repair the unit. Short story, ALWAYS INSPECT YOU DRONE WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS AND NEVER BUY FROM A SITE LIKE QVC OR HSN.

After multiple attempts to remedy the issue, I just gave up and sent the unit to DJI for repair. Was amazed at what they found. I purchase this unit from QVC, the only one I could find, under the assumption that it was brand new. Well, after receiving the pictures from DJI from their initial inspection, the unit had damage consistent with a hard landing. Damage to the gimball, and hair line cracks on the frame. I had only flown the unit less than 5 times and never even came close to a hard landing, so unit apparently was a return to QVC. Unit is over a year old, out of warranty, so I'm on the hook to repair the unit. Short story, ALWAYS INSPECT YOU DRONE WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS AND NEVER BUY FROM A SITE LIKE QVC OR HSN.

Hair line cracks with the P4 can happen any time, even after one flight, even with normal landings.

What was DJI's services answer to the USB disconnection ?

Hadn't flew my Phantom 4 for a few months, have a vision sensor calibration warning. Tried to connect to 2 different computers with no luck, both say the unit malfunctioned and not recognized by the USB port. It will connect to the controller just fine, will activate propellers but I cannot update firmware or calibrate the sensors. Anyone else with this issue?
Hair line cracks with the P4 can happen any time, even after one flight, even with normal landings.

What was DJI's services answer to the USB disconnection ?
Well, they never addressed that issue, not yet anyway. What I got from them is that they have to replace the Right and Left Landing gear module, middle frame, and camera power board. I guess I will see when they return the unit. Repair cost is $168.00, not too bad I guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31