Phantom 2 FPV - Setup/System

Reaction score
Hey All, I'm ready to move up to an FPV on my Phantom 2 (non vision) with my GoPro Hero3+ Black and Zenmuse H3-2D.

I'm considering the FatShark Attitude - just wondering about the FPV components and what I'd need with this version of the Phantom (with downlink support). You know, everything from the Phantom to my goggles! Thanks for your help!

I've got a Fat Shark Attitude which came with a 250mW tx and a small extra unit that allows you to connect it to the balance plug on the LiPo. I've made a small cut by the battery door so I can keep the balance cable plug on the outside. Fitted the tx under the body with some Velcro. I then connect the tx to my Gopro Hero3 using a special cable and all works fine. Haven't used it much yet though. Also got a replacement immersionRC 600mW tx to try out at some point.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

st2430 said:
I've got a Fat Shark Attitude which came with a 250mW tx and a small extra unit that allows you to connect it to the balance plug on the LiPo. I've made a small cut by the battery door so I can keep the balance cable plug on the outside. Fitted the tx under the body with some Velcro. I then connect the tx to my Gopro Hero3 using a special cable and all works fine. Haven't used it much yet though. Also got a replacement immersionRC 600mW tx to try out at some point.

Do you need to use the balance plug or can it be connected directly from the power cable coming down from the phantom?

looks like we are after the same setup.
from the research i have done, these are the 4 things i am ordering when funds allow it :)

FatShark Attitude SD V2 $408.99
IBCrazy 58 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set $64.99
FatShark 74V 1000mAh battery $19.99

waiting on confirmation on which cable will work best for my needs and to confirm its compatible, leaning towards the one that supports iOSD
cables are from: http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk
Plug and Play Cable: DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/ImmersionRC Transmitter
Phantom 2 Immersion RC Plug And Play Cable

any PRO's want to chime in and give us some advice on this setup i am all ears!!

The documentaction only mentions connection using the power filter provided (to S2 or S3) and doesn't mention the required voltage so I believe(!) there is no other way.

longhornfan said:
looks like we are after the same setup.
from the research i have done, these are the 4 things i am ordering when funds allow it :)

FatShark Attitude SD V2 $408.99
IBCrazy 58 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set $64.99
FatShark 74V 1000mAh battery $19.99

waiting on confirmation on which cable will work best for my needs and to confirm its compatible, leaning towards the one that supports iOSD
cables are from: http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk
Plug and Play Cable: DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/ImmersionRC Transmitter
Phantom 2 Immersion RC Plug And Play Cable

any PRO's want to chime in and give us some advice on this setup i am all ears!!

I would also love to find somewhere in the US that can make the cable that FirstPersonView is selling in the UK.

my plan is to just solder them myself.. does the fatshark attitude come with a cable schematic for the wires coming out of the transmitter?????
i know the phantom came with a schematic for the video download cable hanging by the gimbal wires
if you had both schematics couldnt we just match them up and solder a few wires together???
or am i missing something else??

longhornfan said:
my plan is to just solder them myself.. does the fatshark attitude come with a cable schematic for the wires coming out of the transmitter?????
i know the phantom came with a schematic for the video download cable hanging by the gimbal wires
if you had both schematics couldnt we just match them up and solder a few wires together???

There is no diagram with the fatshark attitude goggles. However, if you look at the tx and the relative positions of the wires plugged into the tx, you will see which one is the vid in and which one is ground listed in small text on the tx. There is a third cable for 5v out which isn't needed.

Ozon8r said:
longhornfan said:

There is no diagram with the fatshark attitude goggles. However, if you look at the tx and the relative positions of the wires plugged into the tx, you will see which one is the vid in and which one is ground listed in small text on the tx. There is a third cable for 5v out which isn't needed.

Im installing a Fatshark Attitude v2 to my Phantom 2 along with the DJI mini OSD.

The Attitude come with a power conditioner unit. Can this be bypassed with the phantom 2? or do I need it in the between the powered line coming from the P2 and the fatshark TX? Is the power already filtered?

Good question. I installed the filter between p2 and vTx just in case.

However, I have read forums where it isn't needed since the vTx is at a higher frequency than rc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made this video to hopefully help with your setting process for FPV and iOSD mini. All you got to do is solder the corresponding wires (red to red....brown to black....yellow to yellow....orange to yellow...) and maybe throw on some heat shrink to keep everything nice and tidy. Let me know if you have any questions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7pE_sM5x8[/youtube]

I ordered and received the firstpersonview.uk wire harness for the p2/mini iOSD/fatshark tx and the plug going into the main board inside the phantom shell fell off. Rather than waiting to send it back or ask for a replacement, I just soldered the harness to the stock wires and inserted the original plug back into the main board. I recommend considering the fpv hub in lieu of the firstpersonview harness. It's cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed the immersion transmitter 5.8ghz to my phantom 2. And all I did was solder the ground and power cables that are sticking out of the phantoms body to the transmitter power and ground cables. The setup works good but there was only one problem that I found. When I tested the fail safe return home mode with low battery the phantom did not return to the position it took off from, when the low battery indicators flashed red.The phantom just landed were it was. Luckily it landed 10 feet from a lake and not in the lake. Has anybody else experienced this problem.

When I contacted DJI about this issue they told me that because I installed 3rd party equipment onto my phantom that any warranty was void. So they were not much help.

It really isn't that big of a deal as I tend to only fly 15 mins in order to have enough battery life to get back to me but after purchasing a fairly expensive machine you want it to work correctly.

Anybody got any ideas.

Sounds like the battery was low so it triggered a landing instead. If true this can be adjusted over USB.

Sorry wasn't clear there. If battery is low it won't try to go home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl