Phantom 2 firmware upgrade 3.14

Reaction score
Soooooo I'm gathering that an upgrade to this version is a no-no? Is it correct that DJI blocked use of none OEM batteries?

So what's your problem?

I've read elsewhere that upgrading to 3.14 blocks use of non-OEM batteries. I just wanted to know if this was actually the case or just another folk tale? Because my Phantom 2 has this upgrade and so far I haven't had a problem - but - I only had two batteries, genuine DJI ones, then I discovered one won't hold charge because it has a duff cell according to Assistant. I wanted to know whether I could buy a non-oem intelligent battery from another source, and it would work. But, I don't want to waste £50+ finding out it won't.

There have been no upgrades to the software since it introduced Jan 01, 2015 and it does not block non-OEM batteries. Since aftermarket batteries are not produced with same DJI standards it is possible to get a battery that will not work in any Phantom 2 products. Stii using aftermarket batteries are still cheaper than trying to mod off the shelf Li-Pos which I have done have their own drawbacks. You can fine batteries on eBay using this text (phantom 2 vision batteries).

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.