Phantom 2 firmware update 3.14

After somebody posted that the new update increases the speed from 32 to 50 I went for it.
I checked it. I couldn't get over 24 mph.
Nice.
I was in a head wind though. But still, no where close to 50 dammit.
well it looks like I won't be spying on the emperor anyway. haha

Updated today.. Phantom flies faster than my Inspire. Great update

Yep. Updated and it not only doubled my speed but increased my range by 30% and doubled my battery life. Best update ever.

JUST KIDDING. I honestly can't think of a reason to ever update again but they are going to have to do more than put a weird no-fly ban in Japan for me to bite.

why not? 3.10/3.12 was inspired by a drunk US governmental employee.

I think the Japan PM "nuclear water drop" has a lot more of pre-planned flight info of which there is concern of in Japan and I'm sure elsewhere...

This product is not built just for the US or Indiana Frank. Careful, they might put a timed release into the same load to brick your new P3 due to the Indy 500 event
I did the update a few days ago, just figured... Why Not? Havent had any problems at all....

Why not ? Well for me the question is Why?

a) There is nothing in 3.14 which will benefit me
b) We dont know for sure that they have not tampered with something else apart from no fly zones, so I would be obliged to have to do an advanced IMU calibration and a compass calibration
c) I would rather spend the time spent above flying instead.

I did the 3.12 update for no reason other than it was there. My phantom now flies differently than before, i.e. not as well. I wish I could get it back to 3.08..... I won't update again unless there is major benefit as I am scared it gets even worse!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo

I'm not going to worry about future updates

Why? ... as DJI moved forward with the P3, the P2V series is history and little or no support/ love will be shown I predict..

Why do I say this? Ask a FC40, P1 or P2 owner what support they get today, if any.....

images_help_zpsha9hwu5d.jpg

Reactions: Hughie
I ran the update, just because I update firmware on things. That's what I do.

I was flying the other night and a buddy asked how fast it can go. I sent it out, into the wind, as fast as I could. Then, brought it back to me, with the wind, as fast as I could. Top speed, with the wind, 48.2 MPH.

I ran the update, just because I update firmware on things. That's what I do.

I was flying the other night and a buddy asked how fast it can go. I sent it out, into the wind, as fast as I could. Then, brought it back to me, with the wind, as fast as I could. Top speed, with the wind, 48.2 MPH.

That speed is nothing to do with the firmware update.

I'm not saying it did or did not have anything to do with the firmware update, but when I was flying at his house a couple of weeks earlier (prior to the upgrade), under roughly the same conditions, we tested with a max speed of 34 MPH. Just sayin'! :)

I'm not saying it did or did not have anything to do with the firmware update, but when I was flying at his house a couple of weeks earlier (prior to the upgrade), under roughly the same conditions, we tested with a max speed of 34 MPH. Just sayin'! :)
That kind of 'amateur-science' doesn't have any value and doesn't help anyone.[emoji12]

Hi,

Its been reported many problems with last firmware upgrade for DJI PHANTOM.
The firmware 3.14 is having some bugs.

Im asking help to everybody in this group has in others, if possible send a email to DJI asking a downgrade to Firmware 3.12. If you dont have upgrade, dont do it, and please help us to return downgrade sending a email to DJI saying that firmware 3.14 is having bugs and want to downgrade to 3.12 . And also asking DJI that they must have always the possibility to online do a downgrade !

We need your help ! Help us out !

Hi,

Its been reported many problems with last firmware upgrade for DJI PHANTOM.
The firmware 3.14 is having some bugs.

Im asking help to everybody in this group has in others, if possible send a email to DJI asking a downgrade to Firmware 3.12. If you dont have upgrade, dont do it, and please help us to return downgrade sending a email to DJI saying that firmware 3.14 is having bugs and want to downgrade to 3.12 . And also asking DJI that they must have always the possibility to online do a downgrade !

We need your help ! Help us out !
I upgraded mines and it crash and damage the gimble and the camera real bad. I sent it in to dji to repair. I only had for 3 months.

Q Planing to install D assits and driver on new pc, will it make me to upgrade or will recognize my Pv2 on 3.12 and Naza mode? just need to calibrate IMU and setting old pc has some bugs in it, and bird is getting some drift, max speed 33 down wind
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
have a good Flying , be safe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic