Phantom 1 flips trying to take off

Reaction score
I am very new to the Phantom 1, I bought a used one on eBay that needed a speed control for one of the motors, I replaced and tried am trying to fly it and it rolls on takeoff. It doesn’t seem that one of the motors spins fast enough and that seems to switch motors (not always the same one). Also is there a Naza program I can use my IPhone 8plus to communicate with this drone? Help and comments on what I should do. Thank you

Are you jumping it up on take off and not trying to be slow about it. You kinda need to or it will flip at times. My P2’s
were bad about doing that

Reactions: bill combs
Are you jumping it up on take off and not trying to be slow about it. You kinda need to or it will flip at times. My P2’s
were bad about doing that
sounds like the props are not on the correct motor? could the esc be rotating the wrong way?are there two esc for clockwise and counter cloc?

Reactions: dirkclod
sounds like the props are not on the correct motor? could the esc be rotating the wrong way?are there two esc for clockwise and counter cloc?

this may be the solution
I’ve done it before with my Inspire and a P4

make sure correct props r on

they usually throw off the wrong one when they flip

good luvk

I have never opened up my Phantom so I don't know if this is possible. But on my RC planes the direction on the motor rotation can be reversed by swapping the motor leads to the esc. Is it possible the motor is turning the wrong way because the motor leads were connected wrong? Make sure the motor is turning in the direction it is supposed to. If not, try swapping ant two motor leads.

Reactions: rattydude77

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic