Phantom 1 changing receiver to 5.8 plus TX what's missing

Here's a short video of starting
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The wire you just added needs to go in the slot to the right ,and the the the cluster that's there in its place x2 needs to be your red white and black, x1 your original wire,..it will work swap those

Take the standard rc plug move it to the right, then take phantom plug move it to the left...

The wire you just added needs to go in the slot to the right ,and the the the cluster that's there in its place x2 needs to be your red white and black, x1 your original wire,..it will work swap those
I am guessing I can just swap them on the receiver.. it was the other way before so I changed it. Maybe I just need to try again..

Your almost there ..just do it at the receiver .its easier if you just do the swap at the receiver,

Switch these then you got it...left to right vise versa

Attachments

• 1453011093630.jpg
    1453011093630.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 306
After swap power on bind it by pushing the button, its a little tricky to get to..and make sure the compass is attached

See I had the 5.8 phantom crashed it it the the bay. So I had the remote 5.8 I picked up a phantom one online 2.4, bought a p2 vision 5.8ghz reciver and it worked.

Reactions: daveloves
See I had the 5.8 phantom crashed it it the the bay. So I had the remote 5.8 I picked up a phantom one online 2.4, bought a p2 vision 5.8ghz reciver and it worked.
I got it, thanks to your great help.. I had to go into the assistant and change a few settings. Also had an update on the remote. Recalibrated everything and Wow it works and works great. Now I can use my FC40 camera. Now that I got this done I am thinking I might just change it back. I just need to find a really good 5.8 camera. That was the biggest reason why I wanted to use the fc camera since it does have a really nice picture. Not as good as the Vision Camera but still a very clear picture..
Have a great day and happy flying

Last edited:
I've got a question for you , do I have to be online connected to the internet to use assistant?

On the camera I've got a gopro hero4 and it runs off 2.4 , really good quality, I've also have just the gopro hero, no WiFi but runs great video.... To me the fc40 can its just not as vivid, I have it as well....

congratulations on your fix, its very frustrating at times but persistence payed off...

I've got a question for you , do I have to be online connected to the internet to use assistant?
That's I good question, but I have never tried. I would think as long as you have the software downloaded you should not have to be connected, but I can't say since I am always connected. Sure it's worth a try.

Well I don't have internet at home ,I downloaded software to my phone, then I downloaded to my computer from files on my phone but no luck can't seem to connect, is there a sequence to follow hooking up phantom Naza power on ,stuff I need to know???

Well, as far as I know, connecting the phantom with the usb to your pc, turn on your remote, connect a battery to your quad, open the assistant software, it should display all the information. If you downloaded on your phone it may have been corrupted files. find the files you put on the pc and look in there to find a exe. file. Try to set it up that way. Not sure what other way there are possible.
Do you have much knowledge on fpv cameras, good one 5.8GHz ?

On the camera I've got a gopro hero4 and it runs off 2.4 , really good quality, I've also have just the gopro hero, no WiFi but runs great video.... To me the fc40 can its just not as vivid, I have it as well....
I was looking at some gopro but trying to stay a little cheaper. I have a set of fatshark goggles but never really use them. I am looking for a good camera to see if I can try them out.
As far as not giving up, I don't and ever give up which makes to do to much hobby and not enough work. I worked on my quad until 5:30 am. before success.

Hi again, Strange thing happened and need your help if possible. I changed it to 5.8 with your great help and then decided to change it back to 2.4 so I could use a set of goggles. Now I have sold it and stuck on setting it back up for 5.8. All done and went over our last conversation and though I had it all right. I am wrong and having problem getting Phantom to connect with my transmitter.. Keep getting fast flashing yellow lights. I did a rebind and the receiver light goes out but still getting the fast flashing lights. Lost again.
Hope to hear back soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.