Perth Western Australia

I've seen that but if you look on the CASA app safe to fly, it's clearly restricted. I would be careful flying around that area, could lead a to a fine..
407bf9ecef0a83b7bd5593eb6ddafea0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It says it has an exclusion radius of 5,500m. Dji no fly zone means it's not restricted in the dji app, that doesn't mean the airfield is not restricted

Hey guys. What's the CASA app called? And is it available for android?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using PhantomPilots mobile app

There seems to be so much confusion with NFZ its a shame there isn't a reliable CASA source.. I am no expert but trying to learn more and with the official DJI NFZ zones they state no take off within 1.5mi of the area and flight at restricted heights within the "restricted zone". You can't legally exceed 120m agl anyway. This a fixed altitude below where planes should be. In the case of Langely Park there are buildings in excess off 200 meters and Im not sure why an airplane should be flying that low? or a recreational flight purpose over Langely Park can justify placing a 5.5 km black hole over Perth for hundreds/thousands of droners.. I figured it was more of a heritage/legal thing INCASE CoP wanted to hold some sort of special event (redbull air race etc). With no airfield towers I think it might bit a little bit hard to police a 5.5 km area

heres a short video I made in Mundaring today..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Donaldson
I am new to drones, only had mine about 2 weeks. I propose to use it for work when I become a little less dangerous with it.

I'm NOR and my insurance (home and contents) covers my P4 for damage, loss or theft. It covers me overseas as long as I am out of the country for less than 90 days.

However, if I use it for "work" I'm not covered and I'm pretty sure that there are some CASA rules and regs around commercial use. I'll be staying an enthusiast for quite a while i think!!

I believe there are planes with floats that operate in that area from time to time as well as the air displays etc. I don't risk it as it's quite a heavy fine. Shame because you could get some awesome footage. Also CASA drone rules changing in October regarding licensing for commercial operation. Basically if you drone is under under a certain weight (phantoms are) then you no longer require a licence and a business licence

Hi All,

I'm a REAL newbie from NOR. I'm waiting to get mt P4, I've had a few flights with my mates P3A but that's it, he's not much into playing with things so his was out of the box bog stock.

I have to work out what this Litchi is that everyone talks about.

Anyway if you need any help or advice with your drone . . . . . . ahhhh don't call me :)

Learning curve here we come.

Hi from another West ozzie phantom pilot. Don't forget about all the helicopter landing pads in the CBD and near by. They are more of a concern than any old airstrip on the foreshore.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,
I am searching for an original Phantom 4 foam case, I was hoping someone might have one laying around?

Just awaiting my Phantom 4 Pro to get some photography happening. I gave up with the Phantom i and other drones about 3 years ago as I could not get the quality I was after. I am hoping that the new 1 inch CMOS sensor in the P4P will be the answer. I live North of the river.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic