People passing comment!

I used to own snowmobiles but not for a long time. I am in New York just across the pond from Ontario Canada and about an hour from Niagara Falls so I get there fairly often. Where I Iive we get about 200" of snow a year.

Buckaye said:
MadMitch88 said:
The thing that really irritates me is (I have gotten a couple comments about this) is.... "Oh great, now you can spy on us" -

I agree with my accusers initially:

Yes, it's a great spy machine. Except it's bright white. And sounds like four large fans, has flashing colored lights, and needs to come home for a new battery every 15 minutes. Other than that, it's great at stealthy surveillance.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well said Clipper. "Plain talk is easily understood."
Or we could say we work for Google.
Or just say, "Nothing that Google hasn't already done."

I am in general agreement with most of the comments in this thread. But I do have some differences with some.

1. Don't mitigate your own bad flying practices by talking about dogs. They're two different issues. Mitigating your own bad flying practices by bringing up bad dog-ownership practices is a Middle-School tactic. It just doesn't fly (pun intended!) in an adult world.

2. The established RC Aircraft good-practices basic rules are LITERALLY all you need to follow to fly safely. Just follow them. Under 400'. Within a thousand feet radius, within visual range. Not over heavily populated areas or people. Away from airports. IT'S SO SIMPLE. It's been that way for decades, and it has worked.

3. If you can afford a drone, you can afford insurance. If you cannot afford insurance, then don't fly.

The way I see it, the root of the safety problem and image plaguing the hobby is due to some stupid and often very immature and selfish pilots. Contrast today's situation to "back in the day" when flying an RC model aircraft involved hundreds of hours of construction, REAL SKILLS needed to fly, and LITERALLY RISKING (taking into account inflation) several thousand dollars, and you can see why RC pilots took the safety rules and their responsibilities seriously. Today, any idiot with a few dollars or a credit card can buy these ready-to-fly machines, and have a sense that they know what they're doing and/or ignorantly fly them from day-one of UPS delivering them without regard to safety or common sense rules.

I think we're already pretty far down the road to ruin. Hardly a day goes by that somebody doesn't crash onto the White House lawn or into a stadium, etc. Eventually, I'm afraid, these clods are going to ruin it for all of us.

Well said Clipper. "Plain talk is easily understood."
Or we could say we work for Google.
Or just say, "Nothing that Google hasn't already done."
I just bought an orange safety vest for drone flying - since I heard it gives you the look of authority, and onlookers will leave you alone thinking you are on official business. I'm also ripping out a former owner's bad basement remodel in a rental property I own, so I bought a hard hat too.
I was joking with a friend who flies last night, told him he needed to get a vest and hard hat as well. We joked that if people asked, we'd say we were with Amazon, and we are mapping out new drone routes for their delivery service. We could be really mean if they complained and refer them to Amazon's customer service department, or tell them if a route over their property was chosen, they would be paid for the right-of-way, amount depending on the air traffic over the property.
LOL, of course we would never do such things...

A vest with a radiative logo on. They can come towards you but for no more that 2 mins because of the gamma rays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn