Revenge can be so sweet

Reaction score
Got to share a story abut what happened to me while minding my own business. I live in a gated community of like 3000 homes. I was flying my P3P a few months ago when some women walking her dog just goes off on me. You can't fly here!! This is private property !! (which it wasn't, a golf course I belong to) no matter what I said she was back in my face with another accusation. You know the type.

A month or so later I filmed a Holiday lighting contest for the TV club I belong to with my drone. A women from the Social Club that put on the event called and needed photos of the winners for prizes. Guess who it is. The same women with the problem about me flying in front of my house. I was as gracious as possible and gave her what she wanted. It was to say the least, more than a little sweet to get a belated apology.

I still fantasize about chasing the women down the fairway with my drone, but my wife says I need to let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admire your class. Well done.

I only hope I could be as gracious under fire.

PS....mind your wife. She has your best interests at heart.

Glad you handled it with class, which these people tend to have none of. I am fed up with the attitudes and misconceptions of people lately that it has put me off from flying. I had a bad encounter with a neighbor recently too. You can read it HERE.

Take the high road with people like that...well played!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't had to deal with anyone getting shitty with me yet. Possibly due to my physical size. I'm not bragging about that. If truth was known I probably couldn't run to the end of the block without having some sort of malfunction from a health stand point. What bugs me is all the people strolling by me when I'm flying and asking me if I've registered it. I don't really feel like it's any of their business.

Maybe I don't look too approachable. However I have had zero issues, looks, comments, etc. I do fly more on private property and that is likely a factor.

I also metal detect which is another hobby where you place yourself out there for public appraisal but no issues there either.

I also have a black belt in situational awareness so maybe that somehow is projected. lol

Thank you for helping keep our hobby respectable and reputable. Not sure I could have been as gracious.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20