People like this are going to get us shut down.

It is irresponsible pilots like this that give us a bad name.

Drone Forces CHP Helicopter to Abandon Stolen Vehicle Search

Agreed. Why people fly above 400' in highly populated areas is beyond me. And I bet he could clearly hear the helicopter, yet still was flying. I heard a small plane about a week ago while flying in the middle of nowhere, and landed immediately. He was still much higher than I would have been, but better safe than sorry!

Not to worry, being forced to register our quads is going to solve all this. YEAH... Just like licensing all CB radios would protect us from the evil dx'ers and band abusers. More taxpayer dollars up in smoke.

Just saw on the news this morning in my area that a Police Helicopter almost hit a drone which was flying at about 800ft. The copter followed the drone until it landed and dispatched the cops to talk to the pilot. They didn't say what happened after that.

Seriously.....people are just going to ruin it for the rest of us that actually follow the rules.

Just saw on the news this morning in my area that a Police Helicopter almost hit a drone which was flying at about 800ft. The copter followed the drone until it landed and dispatched the cops to talk to the pilot. They didn't say what happened after that.

Seriously.....people are just going to ruin it for the rest of us that actually follow the rules.

Yeah in this case same thing happened and the police did find the pilot, but it didn't say what would happen

BTW, are you a UGA dawg?

Yeah in this case same thing happened and the police did find the pilot, but it didn't say what would happen

BTW, are you a UGA dawg?

UGA??

We haven't seen anything yet.................. probably 100K new ones in the air after Christmas!

I just got a call from a neighbor yesterday asking if I could check my backyard for a drone that they let their kids play with. Apparently it dropped from the sky and they can't find it. Funny thing is... there is a HUGE field about 1/4 mile from them, and they choose to fly in their VERY small backyard... ugh... going to be an interesting Christmas...

I just got a call from a neighbor yesterday asking if I could check my backyard for a drone that they let their kids play with. Apparently it dropped from the sky and they can't find it. Funny thing is... there is a HUGE field about 1/4 mile from them, and they choose to fly in their VERY small backyard... ugh... going to be an interesting Christmas...

The owner of the field might shoot the drone down for spying on his crops. :cool:

The report I read this morning said the police interviewed him, but no charges will be filed.

The owner of the field might shoot the drone down for spying on his crops. :cool:

it's actually a softball/soccer field.. lol... in a pretty well-populated residential area.. but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if someone shot it down anyway... lol...

it's actually a softball/soccer field.. lol... in a pretty well-populated residential area.. but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if someone shot it down anyway... lol...

FWIW, the city's sport's park is right across the street from me. Seven ball diamonds, 11 soccer fields, 2 tennis courts, a volleyball court plus tons of parking. All adjacent to hundreds of acres of crop fields.

But my first 3 or 4 flights were in my own back yard.

My backyard is about 15-20 feet wide, and maybe 80 feet across, so it's not too conducive to flying a phantom. And the yard that this one came from isn't that much bigger. I'd figure that if you're gonna let your kids fly a drone, why not just take a quick walk around the corner to an open field....

Well if it is.....not sure how he'd think I'm an UGA from my post...LoL.

It's a stretch but the dog wears a red garment... i.e Red Dog.

Like I said it's a stretch but the only UGA nexus I could come up with.

So if a 5lb drone flying at 45 MPH hits a large aircraft that is flying 150 MPh, can the drone down that aircraft? Im not being facetious I'm asking if there is any data on drone helicopter collisions and I hope we don't find out the hard way and I hope people wise up and fly right.

So if a 5lb drone flying at 45 MPH hits a large aircraft that is flying 150 MPh, can the drone down that aircraft? Im not being facetious I'm asking if there is any data on drone helicopter collisions and I hope we don't find out the hard way and I hope people wise up and fly right.

Depends on where it hits it I guess...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj