PC Groundstation will be dead at 12 december and will no longer work

so this explains why my GS PC is having an error while opening?

are you guys still using P2? so theres no way we can use our datalinks again?

Google has announced that they’re ending support for Google Maps Engine. If you’ve used Google Maps Engine to store your vector and raster data, you should be aware that your GME data will disappear on January 29, 2016.

Yep more bad news.
Greetings! At present I have been familiarizing myself with the pc ground station doing simulation runs. I have a phantom 2 non vision. The pc ground station runs like a normal program I think so I'm confused with the google ending GE support making the program "useless". Does this mean if I upload waypoints generated through the photogrammetry tool and hit GO my phantom will not fly or something bad will happen? One more thing the GE maps do shows up ok when it's supposed not to show up anymore? Please do share thoughts thanks.

note: Reporting here as I posted in Has anyone used the Ipad datalink with a PC? but didn't get a reply thanks.

My understanding is that Android support is dropped, but IPad support is still functional. I have a P2 tricked, and a P2V+ that are ready to go with my iPad Mini 4, but haven't had time yet to confirm.

Last edited:
My understanding is that Android support is dropped, but IPad support is still functional. I have a P2 tricked, and a P2V+ that are ready to go with y iPad Mini 4, but haven't had time yet to confirm.
Hi Iowahill, not sure if your post is a reply to my query anyways thanks ... also looking forward to hearing from those who were and are still using the pc ground station on a phantom 2 non-vision. Very enthusiastic and getting ready to fly using pc ground station and would like to hear anything related to the non-functional pc ground station by december last year notice impact on my plan.

this always happen every time i open my GS..i already reinstalled the program and still not working.. what could be the cause if its not the "dead pc GS december" thing?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 622
this always happen every time i open my GS..i already reinstalled the program and still not working.. what could be the cause if its not the "dead pc GS december" thing?
anarchaos greetings. I too passed that screen before. Unfortunately have not formally documented what I did that resolved the problem. Anyways, roughly check if you installed ugcs as it may install some stuff that conflicts with pcgs. Uninstall ugcs. I uninstalled the pcgs and installed it again. Unfortunately if you have done this several times and left the cleaning up of previously installed pcgs to windows, some residual settings/entries/files don't get removed causing the message you get. To remedy the situation if I remember what I did right was to use iobit systemcare freeware edition to clean my system up before reinstalling. Lastly, the dji driver for the pcgs was very difficult to install at least in my system using windows 8.1 on a venue 8 pro tablet ... if Im not mistaken I followed the procedure in DJI Software and Windows 8 - RC Groups I think there were variants of that procedure I used also but ultimately I now have a working pcgs. I need to know though what is the implication of pc ground station dead pronouncement when I finally upload and let my phantom auto-execute waypoint navigation. Simulations of waypoint navigations were great. Thanks.

Looks like the Phantom 2 IS supported, but I'm not sure yet if it will work with the DJI Ground Station hardware:

U|g|CS ONE - supports following list of drones :
  • 3DR Arducopter
  • 3DR PIXHAWK COPTER
  • 3DR PIXHAWK HELI
  • 3DR PIXHAWK PLANE
  • 3DR PIXHAWK ROVER
  • DJI A2
  • DJI ACE
  • DJI Inspire 1
  • DJI Naza-M V2
  • DJI Phantom 2
  • DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus
  • DJI Phantom 3
  • DJI Wookong-M
  • Mikrokopter Octo XL
  • Mikrokopter Quadro XL
  • Parrot AR Drone 2.0

I use it with the 2.4 GHz data link and my Phantom 1.1.1. it works fine. Since the Phantom 2 is a Naza-M V2 bird, I assume it will work for you as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj