Payload Drop With Servo

That's pretty simple to do. I have just sketched out a circuit which should do the job.

Attachments

• 20170502_125411.jpg
    20170502_125411.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 459
No it's not so long as reasonable precautions are taken.
A common misunderstanding often perpetuated here.
Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
Yup... what I said!

Yup... what I said!

I appreciate you guys informing me of the FAA regulations, but I am just trying to get the payload drop to work. I don't need anyone telling me I cannot do this, not to be rude. Thanks!

I appreciate you guys informing me of the FAA regulations, but I am just trying to get the payload drop to work. I don't need anyone telling me I cannot do this, not to be rude. Thanks!
Why are you quoting me?

You can drop stuff OK!!!

I NEVER SAID OTHERWISE.

I appreciate your humbleness.
All these nay-sayers have to do is some research beyond the first Google link to see how dropping items (mostly balls) from aircraft is commonly used for charitable and other civic fund raising.
I've given enough info the above paragraph to find dozens of links confirming this.

I'm in the design phase for a payload drop device that would utilize a small optical position sensor to detect when the camera is pointed directly downward; this would trigger a variable (set before flight) countdown timer that would then cycle a servo to release the payload. Additionally, if I move the camera out of the direct down position before the countdown is complete, it would abort the release and I could then attempt again. This unit would have independent power and would require no permanent modification of drone.

sounds a little complicated than it needs to be, wouldn't it be easier to design something that would activate the servo when a sensor sees the drone LED's are turned off and then close the servo when the LED's are are turned back on? The LED's can be controlled from the DJI Go app.

I'm thinking of building one using the retractable leg kit. I don't care for the retracting legs but I think it would be great to design a payload drop kit with.

what rectangle leg kit are you referring to?

A contraption that operates a release mechanism linked to the cameras up/down movement may work provided it didn't require too much force.
Use a micro switch to activate the servo. This would require very little force to control the servo.

Using a switch for a motor or solenoid is an option. Hobby servos require a specific PWM signal.

I've been trying to do this to. I bought a servo which works with a 9v battery and tried it with an LED light sensor and it wouldn't work. So I tried an ambient light sensor and it still didn't work. I have a slight understanding with electronics but very slight. I'm an electrician I work with house wires so I'm sure I'm missing something, maybe a resistor or something. If anyone has made one of these can they maybe post a video of what they used and how?

I've been trying to do this to. I bought a servo which works with a 9v battery and tried it with an LED light sensor and it wouldn't work. So I tried an ambient light sensor and it still didn't work. I have a slight understanding with electronics but very slight. I'm an electrician I work with house wires so I'm sure I'm missing something, maybe a resistor or something. If anyone has made one of these can they maybe post a video of what they used and how?

so far no one has posted any blueprints on how to make one other than a fee circuit designs. one guy here posted a circuit he drew out to make and ive been debating just buying a cheap Arduino from china and program it to do what i want since i cant figure this out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor