Part out

You have worked on so much stuff I kind of got lost.
Now you have intermittent video and telemetry?
You think you can fix the gimbal since your getting the error message?
The picture looks good to me, obviously your finding the problem.

Rod
Yeah sorry, I know replaced basically all of the internals.

But yeah im having very intermittent video and telemetry since I installed the new board.
On top of the fact that the gimbal acts completely retarded.
So I am very reluctant to keep it powered up very long. The motors get pretty hot when
it sticks in position.

I am going to post a video of what I think is the roll motor and see if you all think this is a
problem. As I do. After swapping gimbals umpteen million times I noticed that the roll motor itself is
bent. Well the shaft that is. Also has a lot of "slop" in my opinion and I think that is what
is causing the gimbal motor overload. Because alignment looks dag um close to me.

I wish I could say im finding the problem but it seems everytime I fix one thing I find another.:(
Prolly should have cut my losses and parted this bird out from the beginning and just bout
another phantom. But oh well that's just who I am. I think I can fix anything:rolleyes:. Usually ending
in why in the hell did you do that kinda momento_O.

But at this point im kinda determined to see this thing back in the air at 100%

So I went ahead and got a gimbal minus the camera. Its on the way soon. Gone replace it and
see what I got. Id feel a lot more comfortable if I could get the gimbal to dance normally. Then
I could move forward with the feed problems.

We will see soon;)

Last edited:
Ok I believe the video can be seen here.

Blow it up to full screen to really see the motor slop. It is really apparent when you
view it full screen

Wow, that is bad. :eek:

So yeah it played, just had to follow it to youtube, look for security and embedding.

Might have one here pretty quick, maybe you know whats wrong.

After crash blues

Rod

Well looks like this thing has whooped me. I got the gimbal in and installed. Guess what?
No change.

So im done, Oh well. It wasn't meant to be.

Reactions: RodPad
Well I gave you like for updating us, just for a refresher, is this still everything is fine until you start the app?

Rod

Here is a short video of the just of my problems.
Forgive the video as I am far from a videographer!

To answer your question yes I can fly no problems but I cannot get the bird to feed
correctly to the app. I showed a shot of the led's underneath, are those the correct
colors?

Anywho I am in need of some good advice here. I really don't want to give up and
quit but this thing is killing me. I wish I had/could find a real dji ribbon. Seems
impossible. Its the only thing left. The one that is in there is a oem unit but it
was involved in a crash, admittedly it does better that the aftermarket piece but im
not sure if its is 100% functional at this point.

Well after much deliberation I have decided to part out what I know is good parts of my drone.:(
I have a good camera with a good gimbal. I know that sounds very contradicting considering my
thread. But I assure the parts are good! I am just to stupid to sink them all together.

So to list:

Gimbal with 2.7k camera- $50.00- sold

Battery with 39 flights- $65.00

Two GPS modules- $15.00 each

Gimbal with gyro error(assuming its bad)- $20.00

Remote(stock)- $35.00

Main board x2 one is good as new, other has had compass wires soldered directly to board-

Non soldered board $65.00

Compass soldered board- $25.00- sold

Pics are upon request and shipping included(standard USPS mail).

Thanks for looking, hope I can help another fellow pilot out with these parts and know that
the money I am able to recoup will go to funding another bird. So help me out:cool:

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Gimbal with camera has sold as well as the main board that had the compass soldered to the board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl