Part 107 Test

Reaction score
Hi all, I am just starting the process of wanting to take the 107 test, but to be honest, it has me a bit freaked out. Does anyone know the easiest and best way to study for this. I don’t know much about aeronautics, so it makes me pretty nervous on some of the things I read that you need to know. I want to take it as soon as possible, but want to be ready. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated! Thanks!

You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources here. Most people have no trouble passing when using the Practice Tests and Study Guides listed there.

Any advice or suggestions is appreciated! Thanks!
Personally, I would advise you to take this slowly and become very proficient with your aircraft in all modes of flight. Secondly, have your future "work" pre-planned as to how you would like to proceed after licensing. The market is quite flooded at the moment with both legal 107 pilots and those who fly illegally in that regard. It is a niche market for commercial pilots, unless you have your own business that you will be utilizing it for. This is just IMO.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi all, I am just starting the process of wanting to take the 107 test, but to be honest, it has me a bit freaked out. Does anyone know the easiest and best way to study for this. I don’t know much about aeronautics, so it makes me pretty nervous on some of the things I read that you need to know. I want to take it as soon as possible, but want to be ready. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated! Thanks!
I took The online ground school by Alan Perlman and he is great , they follow your progress and make suggestions like I did the sectionals part twice. Got a 90% on test day, felt good!

Reactions: stamac706
No need to be freaked out... The course is broken down in several domains that from them you must learn mostly the concepts and how to read map charts, weather reports, etc. No big deal because everything is in the materials you could buy, so go step by step. In my experience, I first bought the a.s.a 2018 Test Prep in Amazon to get familiar with the concepts. Then, I purchase the whole course from Gleim Aviation (~$120 including the gifts). Good luck!

I've been lurking for a while here and this is my first post. I was very satisfied with King Schools On-Line course. It's been 20 years since I took any formal classes and was nervous about passing the test. Since I live in a fairly remote area taking the test and going to a class was not an easy option, the last thing I wanted to do was spend $150 and half day and not pass that test. I ended up getting just under 90% on the test and just about every question in the test was addressed in that on-line class.

I am taking a course by Dartdrones which I feel is very good. I passed my first test several years ago but did not renew. The first time, I just read FAA online materials. Using the course is much easier. This course has structured, narrated slides and a chance to take many practice online tests to help hone in on where you need further study.

In my opinion, however, there should be multiple levels of certification. For a photographer like me, I never fly near an airport and don’t need to fly higher than 150’. I also firmly believe VLOS means that I can avoid collisions which means that to estimate relative distance from my drone of other airborne obstacles or of hazards in a forced landing area, I don’t fly more than 1500’ from the launch point.

Reactions: mjones165
GoldSeal thats all there is to it.

I am taking a course by Dartdrones which I feel is very good. I passed my first test several years ago but did not renew. The first time, I just read FAA online materials. Using the course is much easier. This course has structured, narrated slides and a chance to take many practice online tests to help hone in on where you need further study.

In my opinion, however, there should be multiple levels of certification. For a photographer like me, I never fly near an airport and don’t need to fly higher than 150’. I also firmly believe VLOS means that I can avoid collisions which means that to estimate relative distance from my drone of other airborne obstacles or of hazards in a forced landing area, I don’t fly more than 1500’ from the launch point.
agree with that, been in the videography business since 2001 my phantom 3 is another video camera for me. I fly to frame a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31