Part 107 Study Guide

Reaction score
Looking for a free or paid good study guide for the part 107 test. Can anyone chime in with a good one. I am not an airplane pilot either.

I keep a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 courses/guides here.

Reactions: why
Looking for a free or paid good study guide for the part 107 test. Can anyone chime in with a good one. I am not an airplane pilot either.
I'm creating a class for just this purpose. If you'll DM me with your e-mail I'll make sure to send you a link with a free coupon code when I finish the course and publish it. Thanks, Zac.

Gold Seal will give you a free test drive. Simply sign up and check it out without spending a penny:
www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Gold Seal also has an active Facebook group. Feel free to talk with other users and see what they think of the program.
GoldSeal UAV Ground School FB Page

And finally, notice the discount code below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely, recommend using Drone Training, Industry News, & Free Resources | UAV Coach it might be a little more pricey than other courses but I will say it is pretty [language removed] solid. Not to mention you do not have to sit through and read a bunch of boring articles. He just condenses everything into a few chapters and you just watch the videos. Let me know and I can get you a promo code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any advantages of paying for one of the Part 107 study courses
Like any course, you're paying for convenience. All of the information you need is freely available if you know where to find it and have enough spare time to compile it.

Reactions: heightsaerialmedia
Like any course, you're paying for convenience. All of the information you need is freely available if you know where to find it and have enough spare time to compile it.

On the money with this one.

Gold Seal will give you a free test drive. Simply sign up and check it out without spending a penny:
www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Gold Seal also has an active Facebook group. Feel free to talk with other users and see what they think of the program.
GoldSeal UAV Ground School FB Page

And finally, notice the discount code below:

I fixed your FB link for you. For some reason (probably something to do with a filter etc) FB pages have to be manually typed in and then you LINK the URL to it. I'll look into that behind the curtain here.

Go with GoldSeal and do it right! I took their course, spent time learning the materials AND concepts behind them and aced my 107 test the first time. This, from someone totally new to aviation. The presentation is fantastic, easy to learn from and very well organized. It is worth every penny and so much easier than trying to cobble together what you 'think' is going to be on the 107 test. Just do it right to begin with and get GoldSeal. You are investing in your profession, don't cut corners!

Reactions: N42742
RemotePilot101.com was a fantastic course and well worth every penny. When you take the course you'll realize why you needed it. When you sign up you're enrolled for life, so in 2 years if you still want your license you can take the course again. I can't say enough good things about the course and the way the material was presented.

I used the prepware remote pilot app I got at the Google play store for $4.99

It repeatedly asks practice questions, basically the same questions that show up in every exam in slightly different versions.

I spend about 10-12 hours taking practice questions.

I got a 95% and there was only one question I had to stare at the answer until I got annoyed and just guessed. I guessed on only two questions. I just think that there are a lot of over-hyped study courses.

There are a few technical questions but most are just plain logic and memorizing a few buzzwords. The test already costs $150 and that annoyed me enough.

The chartmaps and all of the supplement references on my actual test were the exact same as the ones used by the app. Some of the questions were the exact same but with slightly different wording.

It's a 60 question test with only three possible answers and one of the choices is usually totally stupid. If you take a practice test without studying and get close to a 70%, all you need is a little extra study of the buzzwords and to get familiar with referencing the chartmaps because they are the same maps that are on the test.

"inspect the railline from Winnebago to Hinton" sound familiar?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj