Part 107 Explanation/Breakdown - Great Article!

This ole boy aint never gettin on board with that! Thats a deliberate effort to cut the uas population with ridiculously expensive regulations and it will work if it truly costs 7 grand to get certified. I honestly wouldn't give them any more than 50 bucks.

Reactions: liketogethigh
If you're only wondering about the model aircraft angle, the pertinent pages in the document are 68-79.

What post? I can't find "214" anywhere in the thread. Maybe I'm blind.
From the document.................................

"The FAA notes, however, that those model aircraft operations that do not wish to comply with a community-based set of safety guidelines and operate within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization will be able to simply conduct their operations under part 107. Part 107 was designed to impose the minimal burden necessary to ensure the safety and security of a small UAS operation. As discussed in the Regulatory Impact Assessment that accompanies this rule, the out-of-pocket cost for someone who wishes to operate under part 107 will be less than $200.

So does this only pertain to commercial operators....not hobbyists right? I am hobbyist and don't want to spend thousands on certificates!

So does this only pertain to commercial operators....not hobbyists right? I am hobbyist and don't want to spend thousands on certificates!
WASHINGTON – Today, the Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration has finalized the first operational rules (PDF) for routine commercial use of small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS or “drones”), opening pathways towards fully integrating UAS into the nation’s airspace. These new regulations work to harness new innovations safely, to spur job growth, advance critical scientific research and save lives.

You should only be paying for registering your drone and test fees and maybe some other small fees which should be a couple hundred. I looked at that link that said 6k for the new certificate. That's ridiculous! If that's true you might as well shell out a couple k more to fly a real airplane.

From the document.................................

"The FAA notes, however, that those model aircraft operations that do not wish to comply with a community-based set of safety guidelines and operate within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization will be able to simply conduct their operations under part 107. Part 107 was designed to impose the minimal burden necessary to ensure the safety and security of a small UAS operation. As discussed in the Regulatory Impact Assessment that accompanies this rule, the out-of-pocket cost for someone who wishes to operate under part 107 will be less than $200.
Apologies, I thought you meant a post you wrote. My mistake. :)

I wonder if we can use the TSA background check to get TSA Pre at the same time?

Where are the list of locations to do the TSA background check? I couldn't find a list.

I assume there will be a list of FAA-approved test centers and hopefully online (or local) aeronautical knowledge courses that will provide the required knowledge to pass the test.

I assume there will be a list of FAA-approved test centers and hopefully online (or local) aeronautical knowledge courses that will provide the required knowledge to pass the test.

Yes but you still have to go in and do an interview with the TSA. Last time I checked there wasn't many locations to do this.

Not sure where you are getting your $7000 from

""While a very expensive airmen’s certificate was required under Section 333 (approx.. $7,000), a relatively inexpensive sUAS certificate will be required under Part 107 with an expected cost of around $300.""

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4