Parrot bebop

You could get a Phantom 3 standard for less the price of a bebop 2 and have all the features and a better camera setup.
Don't understand all these recommendations for P3. The thread poster asked about experience with Bebop. I own a P3P and love it for ariel photography but it is a totally different bird. The Bebop excels at sporty flying like low level FPV proximity flying. And it has much better FPV video than the plethora of 250-size racers using 5GHz analog video. If you mess up it bounces and you don't end up with a broken arm or mangled camera/gimbal.

Don't understand all these recommendations for P3. The thread poster asked about experience with Bebop. I own a P3P and love it for ariel photography but it is a totally different bird. The Bebop excels at sporty flying like low level FPV proximity flying. And it has much better FPV video than the plethora of 250-size racers using 5GHz analog video. If you mess up it bounces and you don't end up with a broken arm or mangled camera/gimbal.
I'm just saying that feature for feature the Bebop is out done by the P3S when price is involved, sure its good at sporty flying but why not go with a racing drone for half the price as well.

As far as I am concerned my 2 parrot bebops with one controller are ten times better than the p 2 and 3. Switch on the controller, turn on which ever one I am flying, calibrate if needed and wait for the controller to beep me and away I go. Change bebops and go through the same thing and away I go again, if I had a third and fourth I could do the same. And after the initial set up I don't even need my iPad. Bet the phantom enthusiasts didn't know that. And in over a year I have never had an issue with either, Most importantly I can fly it without having to go through a bull?$:/ process needed for a phantom. How's that for comparison. Very disappointed in my whole experience with all the djis, p2, f550 and F450 all of which have separate transmitters.

Last edited:
..... why not go with a racing drone for half the price as well.
Racing drones use analog video - far inferior to bebop HD video. Granted response time is not as good as analog but I'm not racing. Also few racing drones provide altitude hold which makes leisurely FPV more enjoyable.
Bottom line, Bebop gives most of the fun of Mavic at half the price and more stable firmware.

Last edited:
Racing drones use analog video - far inferior to bebop HD video. Granted response time is not as good as analog but I'm not racing. Also few racing drones provide altitude hold which makes leisurely FPV more enjoyable.
Bottom line, Bebop gives most of the fun of Mavic at half the price and more stable firmware.
I wonder how so many people fly without altitude hold.:rolleyes:

Reactions: BayouBill
My first drone was a zero x rapter which I used to learnt to fly. Bullet proof has survived a few heavy crashes and still gets up and booggies. I then got onto bebops. So far no big time crashes because I can quickly fly it manually. I enjoy fiddling with old drones I now have but in a choice between bebops and DJIs (any of them) bebops win hand down. I got my second bebop given to me because it had landed in water. I managed to get it running but the video side is a bit blurry.

Last edited:
I did own a Bebop for a couple of days. The Wifi was non-existent from the AC. ( searched for it with two phones and two tablets for hours) It also had a battery that would not charge. It went back to the Amazon seller. Now I have my P3S and have no complaints. I'm glad that some of you have had good luck with the Bebop, it just wasn't the case with the one I had.

Tobby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20