Parrot bebop

Reaction score
Anyome using the bebop 1 or 2? How do you like it?How is the controller look awesome to me but is it comfy?how the camera?

Matt sent from note 3.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I have the PB2. Love it. Very powerful drone for a smaller drone. Brushless motors, has GPS AND Glonass, has several autonomous features like waypoints and points of interest, etc. Great return to home, extremely accurate. With the Skycontroller, can get up to 2km distance. Just an amazing drone for a smaller drone, great technology inside. Camera is it's weakest point, but still takes good video and pics, they did a firmware update to improve the video/camera quality. My guess is they will improve the camera quality to near 4k on their next Bebop.

Yes mate i would suggest that as well.
I don't have any experience with the bebop2, but the 4 bebops that i have owned (2 were sent back and replaced by parrot) have not been particularly reliable to put it bluntly.
They have a tendency to disconnect from the app and lock you out of the WiFi until the battery dies and it lands, i have had one drop out of the sky like a stone from 400ft (was replaced without question) and a perfectly fine drone (all 4 have had this) will have intermittent "motor stage broken" errors without having ever come in contact with anything/free of debris.
Compared to the responsiveness of dji gear the controls of the bebop are incredibly sluggish especially with pitch and roll.
It's not all bad news for the bebop though - owning one as my first camera drone was not a terrible idea as it was good to learn early on that things can and WILL go wrong. The bebop will instill the perfect amount of fear in a package that weighs about 400g, it has an emergency stop button and the camera is less than $300AUD to replace WHEN it breaks :)

The BeBop drones are very nice quads. They are more akin to sport UAVs and are very fun to fly. They are completely different from Phantoms, which in essence are flying cameras, specially designed for videography/aerial photography.

The BeBop (v1 and v2) has an open source SDK and is more like a flying computer capable of completely autonomous flight with a decent camera. They have a very affordable pricepoint without the Skycontroller. The Skycontroller does convert the BeBops into an analog stick controlled craft with a surprisingly efficient range. I use the Parrots in the UAV course I teach as an introduction to autonomous flying with FPV and GPS.

There is decent sized support forum for BeBop enthusiasts as well, very much like PhantomPilots.com.
Just understand that comparing BeBops to Phantoms is like comparing fruits to vegetables: both edible but provide different benefits ...

Reactions: hychewright
Yes i understand my whole point wast to compared them.I own a p3a and love it have a syma x8w just for fun but was just looking what else was around.Really love the idea of the joystick on the bebop.Will probly just buy a race drone to screw around then.Thank you guys!

Matt sent from note 3.

ok scott good info.The controller does it act like a joystick?
yes, the Skycontroller is a full functioning controller. It's quite large, but that's because of the huge antennae. The sticks work just like the ones on the Phantoms. It has dedicated buttons on it like auto take off, auto land, return to home, controlling the camera (take pics, take video, moving the camera up and down), you can plug an FPV headset into it to fly FPV. You use a tablet or cell phone with it. Just a great controller. But I have my eye on the Skycontroller 2, MUCH smaller, and comes with some FPV goggles. The Skycontroller 2 is compatible with the Parrot Bebop 2 as well. The only thing I truly hate about it, is the name, Bebop is the dumbest name I've ever heard when it comes to drones, almost embarrassed to say it. But I love the drone.

The skycontroller is night and day in comparison to flying the bebop with the app.
While physical sticks are always better, but the best way to compare to the controllers of my p4/i1 is to compare a porsche gearbox to that of a truck - the responsiveness just is not there.
Parrot claim 2km range with the skycontroller but realistically you're looking at 1km effective range before fpv lag makes it unflyable, and that is assuming you can get anywhere without losing connection all together.
For reliable aerial imagery i would take a gopro stuck to a Frisbee over a bebop, and i have 2 bebops, a p4 and an inspire to choose from.

Oh, as for using fpv goggles with the skycontroller you can forget it.
Tried fatshark dominator v2 with hdmi and for the life of me it would not work.
Resolution conflicts apparently.

I picked up a bebop a couple of weeks ago and have been amazed at what a great little park flyer this thing is when you add a wifi extender. I got a Netgear Trek wifi extender from Frys ($35) and put it on the roof of my van. Now I can sit inside with no glare and fly without having to aim the "controller" which is my case is a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 pro. Today I made it out over 1 km over pasture land. It's no Phantom but it sure is fun.

Reactions: Avocet
I have a bop and a phantom... Both are capable albeit at different things ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

was online shopping to get another syma 5 to replace my dead one.

saw the Bebop red at Walmart for 199

never thought I would by a bebop but I ordered it to play with
at that price cant go wrong for fun

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik