ParaZero Parachute for Phantoms

The only problem I see is that if it is flying over people and it deploys on accident for whatever reason, gets caught in the propellers and send the drone crashing into those people. I know many people don't trust all DJI drones but I feel like its safer to not have this and just make sure the drone is 100% before take off.

The only problem I see is that if it is flying over people and it deploys on accident for whatever reason, gets caught in the propellers and send the drone crashing into those people. I know many people don't trust all DJI drones but I feel like its safer to not have this and just make sure the drone is 100% before take off.

Go to post#1 and check out the video, the props are disabled before the chute deploys.

Here is a list of waivers applied for under part 107. Out of the 2356 only 16 are for waivers of part 107.39. If and when this product actually comes out to market I believe waivers for 107.39 will increase exponentially. Part 107 Waivers Issued

Other designs already exist and are available.
Why will this one create an increase in waiver applications?

I'd cross your toes too. Chimps can do that.

The thing that ticked me off was the fact that they had gotten my pre-order in May and didn't have the courtesy to update me each time the release date was pushed back. Finally got fed up and no longer had a good feeling about it.

Hey MapMaker53, just got email from B&H that my order is on the way.

Reactions: MapMaker53
Great news! I hope you never have to use it, but I'd be interested to know how your Phantom flies with it when mounted on top and if it cuts down on satellite reception.

Great news! I hope you never have to use it, but I'd be interested to know how your Phantom flies with it when mounted on top and if it cuts down on satellite reception.

Sure thing, I’ll keep you posted. Main reason I got it was to try and get part 107.39 waiver. I think that is going to be a little harder to get even with the chute.

That was my initial intent too. But also good to have if someone just happens to walk under it or to avoid any type of property damage in a failure.

That’s the intent for getting the waiver, safety for people, property and the industry in whole. Safety for my aircraft is not the reason I got it and I made sure to tell David Kozlovsky from ParaZero in an email.

For those who have purchased, or intend on purchasing the ParaZero SafeAir parachute with the intension of applying for part 107.39 waiver, there is going to be an additional investment. Here is a response I received from David Kozlovsky from ParaZero with reference to a question on providing guidance for the 107.39 waiver.

Within the next month or so ParaZero will launch an "ASTM add-on" package for the SafeAir Phantom so that you can 'upgrade' your system to comply with ASTM F3322-18.
This will be the first parachute system in the world that will comply with the standard.
The ASTM add-on will include an audio-warning buzzer, the ability to configure your system for a remote control, and most importantly, compliance documentation including data and report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation.

This documentation is a critical component of a waiver application for flight over people. ParaZero, together with its partners, has already received a waiver for flight over people based on similar documentation. The FAA has indicated that parachute systems that are compliant with ASTM F3322-18 are a good way to mitigate risk for such operations.

For those who have purchased, or intend on purchasing the ParaZero SafeAir parachute with the intension of applying for part 107.39 waiver, there is going to be an additional investment. Here is a response I received from David Kozlovsky from ParaZero with reference to a question on providing guidance for the 107.39 waiver.

Within the next month or so ParaZero will launch an "ASTM add-on" package for the SafeAir Phantom so that you can 'upgrade' your system to comply with ASTM F3322-18.
This will be the first parachute system in the world that will comply with the standard.
The ASTM add-on will include an audio-warning buzzer, the ability to configure your system for a remote control, and most importantly, compliance documentation including data and report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation.

This documentation is a critical component of a waiver application for flight over people. ParaZero, together with its partners, has already received a waiver for flight over people based on similar documentation. The FAA has indicated that parachute systems that are compliant with ASTM F3322-18 are a good way to mitigate risk for such operations.

I am confused. Are the feds saying the chute manufacturer can certify the product has met he ASTM standard; "including an audio-warning buzzer, the ability to configure the system for a remote control, and most importantly, compliance documentation including data and report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation." or that the operator must comply with the add-on standards.?

I am confused. Are the feds saying the chute manufacturer can certify the product has met he ASTM standard; "including an audio-warning buzzer, the ability to configure the system for a remote control, and most importantly, compliance documentation including data and report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation." or that the operator must comply with the add-on standards.?

In order for your SafeAir Phantom 4 chute to comply with the ASTM F3322-18, a good way to mitigate risk when flying over people as indicated by the FAA in order to get part 107.39 waiver, you will have to purchase the add on package that will include warning buzzer, remote control configuration, and most importantly the documentation, data, and report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation. In other words the chute alone will not be enough to get you the 107.39 waiver, it will only reduce or prevent damages to your aircraft in a mishap. I guess they could have included it with the chute at a higher cost but operators not interested in obtaining the waiver probably would have never bought it.

In order for your SafeAir Phantom 4 chute to comply with the ASTM F3322-18, a good way to mitigate risk when flying over people as indicated by the FAA in order to get part 107.39 waiver, you will have to purchase the add on package that will include warning buzzer, remote control configuration, and most importantly the documentation, data, and report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation. In other words the chute alone will not be enough to get you the 107.39 waiver, it will only reduce or prevent damages to your aircraft in a mishap. I guess they could have included it with the chute at a higher cost but operators not interested in obtaining the waiver probably would have never bought it.

Thanks. I never thought the chute alone would get the waiver, otherwise we'd be seeing tons of 107.39 waivers. The feds were quite clear on their webinar.
on what they will be requiring, which is beyond the financial means of small operators.

So the add-on package includes the documentation, i.e. report from 45 aerial deployments with 3rd party validation? I am all on board with the concept of the manufacturer supplying documentation that is beyond our capacity to generate. Hope the fees are reasonable, we'll see. It may push other chute manufacturers to do the same.

Looking forward to hearing the results, skymonkey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav