ParaZero Parachute for Phantoms

The chute sits on top of the placement stamp shown below and is not connected to gps in any way. The chute is held to sUAS by a cord.View attachment 109384

Thanks for clearing that up, when I first made the Wet Suit for the Phantoms I made it a standard 4 mm thick and it was velcro based but the number of satelites dropped off considerbly, this is why we had to kill the original design ideas and settle for the 1.5mm Neoprene instead and leave the top uncovered. This was the missing piece of the puzzle for me on how that worked. Thanks.

Reactions: skymonkey
I don’t think it is the material of chute that interferes with the gps. From my experience I say it’s the electronics when on inside the chute that causes the most interference. One day on a particular flight I noticed that I had as many satellites as I did without the chute. Upon landing I realized I forgot to turn on my chute. After turning it on the number of satellites went down to what was normal with the chute turned on.
If you look at the chutes placement inside casing you’ll notice the chute covers only half while the electronics covers the other half.
View attachment 109378
I will tell you that the number of satellites with the chute has increased since I first got it. I would say it was with second fw update.
I always pay attention to the speed and direction of the wind. Now when flying with the chute (100% of the time) I am always paying attention where the sUAS will drift if the chute were to deploy. I tend to stay away from very tall pine trees
"I would say it was with second fw update " There's a second FW update already?

I went flying yesterday and by accident realized that the parachute is not what is causing the major reduction in gps signal. As I was flying I noticed the near perfect gps reception that I would see when flying without the chute. I was very pleasantly surprised and dared to venture out even further to see if this continued, it did. After coming back down and powering down the motors I went to turn off the parachute and discovered I had not turned it on. It is the powered up electronics in the chute that is causing the major gps interference.
Like I said, I’ve had screen and audio warnings about being in ATTI mode but I have never felt the loss of control/drifting while flying, even taking my hands off the sticks the bird comes to a stop. Although nice to have gps signal the FAA does not require it.
I don’t understand why anyone would want to go flying during torrential rain storms or in high winds, would you even be able to see through your camera lens. It absolutely makes no sense.
In order to get your waiver you need to get the ASTM add-on that comes with audio warning buzzer ( alerting people beneath) and the ability to configure your system for remote control. This system has been tested and approved by the FAA, don’t understand the reason for one to test it out. This system requires complete replacement after 5 deployments and has a service life of one year. It is only required to be repacked by authorized vendor if using it under 107.39 waiver.
This system does exactly as advertised and it is approved by the FAA. What is limited is all the places we would like to fly over but cannot because of regulations. This chute is going to give me the freedom to fly over many places that 98% of other sUAS Pilot’s are prohibited from doing so. It also has potential to make serious money if you are so inclined.

ASTM Professional Kit - ParaZero

I'm tempted but $1500 is a lot of bucks w/o knowing if the feds will give you the waiver. After a few others apply and get it I may reconsider. Wonder what remote control not included means...
1552266478705.png

ASTM Professional Kit - ParaZero

I'm tempted but $1500 is a lot of bucks w/o knowing if the feds will give you the waiver. After a few others apply and get it I may reconsider. Wonder what remote control not included means...View attachment 109435

Yeah, I’m going to wait and see if others get approved. The remote is to manually deploy chute from field. It was supposed to come with the ASTM package from what they told me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20