ParaZero Parachute for Phantoms

I pre-ordered back in May. Was supposed to be available in August. Then September, then October, then January... I gave up and cancelled my order. Seems like they are having issues. My guess would be GPS interference -- but that's just a guess.

I pre-ordered back in May. Was supposed to be available in August. Then September, then October, then January... I gave up and cancelled my order. Seems like they are having issues. My guess would be GPS interference -- but that's just a guess.

I just placed my order and got “item will ship when back in stock.”
I’ll send you a message when order ships just in case you’re still interested.

So the parachute activates by getting hit by the props? Doesn’t that damage the props?

So the parachute activates by getting hit by the props? Doesn’t that damage the props?

The parachute activates when encountering a free fall or extreme pitch and role angles(assuming loss of one blade due to prop breaking, falling off, or loss of power to motor). Better to loose props than the drone. What this is for specifically is to get waiver to fly over groups of people. Hopefully it will never get deployed, but if it does you’ll get drone back with very minor damage if at all.

ParaZero PZ-SA-2P Overview
Protect your drone and everyone under it with a SafeAir Drone Safety System for DJI Phantom 4 Series (not RTK) from ParaZero. The SafeAir is a parachute deployment system for your Phantom 4 series drone. It's powered by a built-in battery that is USB-chargeable and lasts approximately one hour before needing to be recharged. The SafeAir is an autonomous system that will deploy on its own when encountering either free fall or extreme pitch/roll angles. Once one of these scenarios is detected, a section of the SafeAir will twist to stop the propellers by inserting flexible stoppers into all four blades, at which point the parachute will be deployed to help bring your DJI Phantom safely to the ground.

Reactions: Ansia
Ohhh. It’s the twist that activates it and does not require the props to hit it. My next question was going to be: What would happen in the case of loss of power.

The SafeAir is an autonomous system that will deploy on its own when encountering either free fall or extreme pitch/roll angles.

Reactions: Ansia
I just placed my order and got “item will ship when back in stock.”
I’ll send you a message when order ships just in case you’re still interested.

That B&H order (the same one I used) still says "Preorder". The message you got “item will ship when back in stock" is just a generic message. The item has yet to ever be in stock, and the B&H salesperson was surprised that my order went all the way back to May. Yeah I'll be interested when you actually receive it, skymonkey.

That B&H order (the same one I used) still says "Preorder". The message you got “item will ship when back in stock" is just a generic message. The item has yet to ever be in stock, and the B&H salesperson was surprised that my order went all the way back to May. Yeah I'll be interested when you actually receive it, skymonkey.

I found about this company through a link on the AOPA Drone Pilot October edition. I contacted the company and received this email

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

I have email David and ask when is this product going to be back in stock. I will let you know if he responds

Hey MapMaker, David said it will be available next month. Let’s cross our fingers.

IMG_0241.jpg

I'd cross your toes too. Chimps can do that.

The thing that ticked me off was the fact that they had gotten my pre-order in May and didn't have the courtesy to update me each time the release date was pushed back. Finally got fed up and no longer had a good feeling about it.

Last edited:

The thing that ticked me off was the fact that they had gotten my pre-order in May and didn't have the courtesy to update me each time the release date was pushed back. Finally got fed up and no longer had a good feeling about it.

In situations like these I usually go to the manufacturer and try to get answers from them.
If they don’t respond I just move on. Hopefully December is it, I just got my temporary part 107 certificate and would like to get my waiver for flying over groups of people.
Let’s see what happens.

Congrats on the 107. I just passed my 2 year renewal last week.

Reactions: LARA images

I'll wait until they deliver.

Anyone going to test this when you get yours in? Please post a video. Thanks. Hard to hand catch your drone with this because you have to keep it from tilting until you have turned off the device.

Anyone going to test this when you get yours in? Please post a video. Thanks. Hard to hand catch your drone with this because you have to keep it from tilting until you have turned off the device.

Not the Phantom but at least you see it in action.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: NoTech64
The parachute activates when encountering a free fall or extreme pitch and role angles(assuming loss of one blade due to prop breaking, falling off, or loss of power to motor). Better to loose props than the drone. What this is for specifically is to get waiver to fly over groups of people. Hopefully it will never get deployed, but if it does you’ll get drone back with very minor damage if at all.

ParaZero PZ-SA-2P Overview
Protect your drone and everyone under it with a SafeAir Drone Safety System for DJI Phantom 4 Series (not RTK) from ParaZero. The SafeAir is a parachute deployment system for your Phantom 4 series drone. It's powered by a built-in battery that is USB-chargeable and lasts approximately one hour before needing to be recharged. The SafeAir is an autonomous system that will deploy on its own when encountering either free fall or extreme pitch/roll angles. Once one of these scenarios is detected, a section of the SafeAir will twist to stop the propellers by inserting flexible stoppers into all four blades, at which point the parachute will be deployed to help bring your DJI Phantom safely to the ground.

“ Hopefully it will never get deployed, but if it does you’ll get drone back with very minor damage if at all. ”

I hope they get the production delays sorted out. My concern is this: you get it installed and with your ‘over crowds waiver’ approved it has a mishap and said Phantom glides gently into curious crown landing on the ground unharmed.

And is promptly stomped to death! How about an optional CS dispenser for self protection until rescue pilot or VO arrives to rescue ?

[Sarcasm ended]

Here’s another scenario,you get waiver, no chute and said Phantom has a mishap and comes crashing down on someone’s head or even worse, on their kids head.

At this point running towards the drone will be dangerous and the one needing rescue will be the pilot or VO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers