Parabolic Signal Booster

• Thread starter Deleted member 109724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109724

Hi guys, does anyone have one of these signal boosters? I am trying to extend the range of my Phantom 3 standard a bit. Do these actually help? If so what differences in range have you experienced? Thanks everyone!

1528588990146.png

I had to sell my inspire 1 to buy a car, I barely used it anyway. Now I only own a Phantom 3 standard. That's why I'm trying to get better range on it. I am familiar with the Phantom 3s and 4s, but I only own a Phantom 3 standard now..

had them didn't make much difference add a dbs mod to it

Hi guys, does anyone have one of these signal boosters? I am trying to extend the range of my Phantom 3 standard a bit. Do these actually help? If so what differences in range have you experienced?
Take 10 minutes to do some searching and you will get a pretty good answer or two.....As opposed to starting a thread that has been posted many times. My answer is no.....those will vary......

There is some scientific data to support better range. I have one for my P3S but never really tested it's limits. I have it for the sole purpose of keeping what I have as solid as possible.

There is some scientific data to support better range. I have one for my P3S but never really tested it's limits. I have it for the sole purpose of keeping what I have as solid as possible.
For sure, that's what I mostly want it for. I don't think it will help the WiFi downlink, because those antennas are in the Remote. I get good range, but it gets spotty in my neighborhood, there are signals of about 20 routers in our house, and all over the neighborhood there are a couple hundred. I wanted to know if this strengthens the Signal, or more specifically, focuses it better to have less interference in WiFi crowded places. (BTW I get about 3000 feet distance in my neighborhood, no mods, and 5500 in the middle of nowhere with no interference. No mods.)

-Weston Ney

For sure, that's what I mostly want it for. I don't think it will help the WiFi downlink, because those antennas are in the Remote. I get good range, but it gets spotty in my neighborhood, there are signals of about 20 routers in our house, and all over the neighborhood there are a couple hundred. I wanted to know if this strengthens the Signal, or more specifically, focuses it better to have less interference in WiFi crowded places. (BTW I get about 3000 feet distance in my neighborhood, no mods, and 5500 in the middle of nowhere with no interference. No mods.)

-Weston Ney
Signal only. It takes that energy coming off the back of the antenna and sends it forward. Better focus is a good analogy.

The wi-fi downlink antennas are located far right and left inside the controller. Hence the "Do Not Block" warning printed on the RC.

For my uses, it's the video feed signal that rules the day. If you cant see there's no point in having control signal. I focus on boosting the video feed so I can drop behind or through as much obstacles as possible while maintaining full video signal. Intelite flat panels have proven to work so well I don't leave home without them. Of course amping them really is the finishing touch. I'm not into great distances, just great saturation.

Attachments

• 20171213_170654 copy.png
    20171213_170654 copy.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 447
  • 20171213_170723 copy.png
    20171213_170723 copy.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 551
  • 20180302_173335 copy.png
    20180302_173335 copy.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 614
Reactions: Craig oliver
Hi guys, does anyone have one of these signal boosters? I am trying to extend the range of my Phantom 3 standard a bit. Do these actually help? If so what differences in range have you experienced? Thanks everyone!
I find they are very good and help me maintain signal where it used to get patchy.
No need for axpensive ones either, as long as they are shaped well they work well.

I have a P3 pro and do have signal booster attachment. I have solid copper. Mine are thicker and a heavier than the ones sold online. The online versions look and flex like aluminum/tin. I can say that there is a signal increase or penetration through dense tree cover. Example, I have a signal strength loss of 2 bars on the DJI app, then I install the booster I get one of the bars back and the second flashing on and off. So in my situation they work... I have not tested for increased distance.

The answer to your question is yes they help but not a lot.

You're starting down the same path I went down. Next you'll want more range so you'll upgrade all 3 antennas. Next you'll upgrade the 2.4ghz antennas on the bird like I did. Last you'll decide it's still not enough and you'll be putting amps on your remote antennas like I'm doing today. Lol.

Attachments

• 15291561107738129034507753910146.jpg
    15291561107738129034507753910146.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 365
Don’t be misled by copper or thickness giving an indication of quality or effectiveness.

You microwave oven operates at similar frequencies and uses a perforated screen on the door which you can see through to block or reflect energy.

I had to sell my inspire 1 to buy a car, I barely used it anyway. Now I only own a Phantom 3 standard. That's why I'm trying to get better range on it. I am familiar with the Phantom 3s and 4s, but I only own a Phantom 3 standard now..
I had to sell my car to buy a Phantom 3P

.... Next you'll be saying you spend upwards of 75% of income just to live in Orange county..... (secret laugh)..... (Been there).

.... Next you'll be saying you spend upwards of 75% of income just to live in Orange county..... (secret laugh)..... (Been there).
LOL.. I spent 90% of my income to live in Litchfield County. Lucky my wife is younger and still working.

I've a pair of those parabolics on order. In theory, they should help by focusing the beam in the desired direction. A good analogy is how bright is a flashlight bulb without a reflector (isotropic radiator) vs. with a reflector (big gain increase due to parabolic concentration).

From my rooftop, I can only get about 1800' before I lose signal, due to the density of the trees here, so I'm hoping the parabolic will help.

What I'd really love to have is a 400' tower with the RC's antennas up there. Then I could fly the whole town from my house. :)

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
It's gonna be always about line of sight. I've been able to amp the "Kaboodles" out of the thing and Fly buzzard high and lizard low, but high density objects will rule for blockage. As long as saturation signal is present, any flight has great feed out to 1,500 ft at any altitude down to an ants butt (Parabolic or commercial microwave transmitter bake). It's the 360 degree ability past that distance that will be the dream of mine. I am truly sorry for all the burnt pacemakers in this process, but sacrifices must be made for the breaktout of the Phantom of it's cage. Millimeter wavelength low-line blockage must not prevail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers