Panoramic Photos

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind is that without the fish-eye effect you can now easily take several photos and combine them into a panoramic photo spread. Google (Google Plus/Picasaweb) will automatically do this and does a very good job.

3.jpg

Very nice! Does Goog + do that via autoawesome or do you just select the photos and tell it to stitch?

Wow never knew Google/Picasa stitched photos. Not perfect, but still looks pretty good!

Here's one I took recently, I can't remember if I used PS or PTGui to stitch as it turned out I took more shots than necessary and both programs were confused. I had to select only a few and resubmit and I'm pretty happy with the turnout. Its a shot of Downtown Atlanta from the view of Old 4th Ward.

Very nice! Does Goog + do that via autoawesome or do you just select the photos and tell it to stitch?

It does it automatically. You need to upload the photos into the same album (or default album which would be the same thing). It's does this via "Autoawesome" (what Google calls it). Autoawesome will do other things as well, depending on the type of photo. For example, it also did this one for me.
D2015Feb10172630DJI00151-EFFECTS.jpg

Reactions: fakbik
It does it automatically. You need to upload the photos into the same album (or default album which would be the same thing). It's does this via "Autoawesome" (what Google calls it). Autoawesome will do other things as well, depending on the type of photo. For example, it also did this one for me.
View attachment 18635
Cool. Autoawesome is the only thing Goog + is good for. I had no idea it stitched though. Thanks!

Check this out

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/

What is Image Composite Editor?

Image Composite Editor (ICE) is an advanced panoramic image stitcher created by the Microsoft Research Computational Photography Group. Given a set of overlapping photographs of a scene shot from a single camera location, the app creates a high-resolution panorama that seamlessly combines the original images. ICE can also create a panorama from a panning video, including stop-motion action overlaid on the background. Finished panoramas can be shared with friends and viewed in 3D by uploading them to the Photosynth web site. Panoramas can also be saved in a wide variety of image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, and Photoshop’s PSD/PSB format, as well as the multiresolution tiled format used by HD View and Deep Zoom.

My Backyard play area...
MyPlayGround.jpg

Used ICE fast grab from one of my Videos it was shot in...
4996x2160 23 FPS

I can clearly see my flaws but the speed and ease of doing this was amazing.
The Additional fun begins... Thanks guy's for the heads up on the software.

Anyone know of an iOS app to handle the panoramic stitching. I've looked but can't really find one.

How about a free Mac program?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic