P4PV2 can't transfer photo/video via OTG

Reaction score
Hi all, connecting my new Phantom 4 Pro V2 via usb from drone's exit to pc or android tablet via OTG i can not see SD volume and can not download photo/video. Any feedback?

PS Using a PC i can see 2 ghost volumes but i can't access them, using android tablet (mediapad m5) i can't see anything

I was told by support that the V2 will not record to a media card at this point. Maybe an update later on. Still trying to transfer internal files out to computer but no luck so far.

"As per thoroughly checking on this option, as of the moment can only store files on internal memory only. I would advise if you have taken a video, transfer it to your PC. It sounds hassled on your end, however, this is the option we have as of this moment.

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention and I know our engineering Team is working on this and might add it to the future updates.
Any updates for this will be posted at our online site, www.dji.com ."

Reactions: rikospecial
The videos/stills for a P4 Vr 2.0 are on the card, so just take the card, place it in a reader and download the files. You can browse low quality versions of both stills and video from the P4 vr2.0 just like previous versions of the drone. But these are low res, not what you want to be uploading to the web IMO.

If you don't have a card in the P4 Pro series, it won't write anything, and it will give you a card error if you attempt to record a video or shoot stills.

To browse the low resolution files, just hit the play button in djigo4 on the lower right side of the main screen.

Paul Caldwell

Paul, just making sure we are talking about the same thing as I am new to the drone business. I have the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + V2, which comes with it's own monitor. And I cannot for the life of me get it to record to the Sandisk card. Only internally, and the resolution looks pretty darn good, and not at all low res at all.

So you are saying by taking the micro SD card out of the AC and putting it in an adapter and then in a computer that you cannot view the stills and or videos?

Yes, that is correct. I have reformatted the card, and even put the card into a gopro, where it worked fine, so I think the media card works fine. DJI support sent me some general settings screen grabs and they had a "Cashe to SD card," but that option does not appear on my screen. And this is the + model, so it has a built in screen. So not an iphone operating system error.

Paul, it's the little things that bring clarity. When you said AC, I wasn't (and still don't) know what that is, so I snooped around the drone itself and found a 2nd media card slot, and voila, I found the 16 Gig sandisk that was recording the whole time. Problem now solved. Video files now readable on my PC. There is another slot on the back of the remote, and I thought that was the only one. So thanks for taking the time to talk. BFF. You have no idea how frustrated I was. It was like being back in high school.

Reactions: Paul2660
Yes. Glad you found it.

The card slot on the controller 5.5 display will have similar functions to the one on a Crystalsky monitor. But as you discovered all the original files will be on the card in the drone.

Paul C

The memory card on the Plus controller is used to update the controller. Worthless otherwise, I believe.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie