P4Pro PLUS Crash on DJI GO 4 "Go FLY"

Reaction score
I see lots of issues with the Go4 app crashing and everyone talks about which phone or ipad they are using. I just got a new P4P + and its crashing every time I hit "GO FLY". There seems to be no way to reset the controller display or reload GO 4 app other than reinstall. I've done that several times using Aircraft v0203 and Controller v1.1.1.1.

Is there a different version on GO4? and where can I find that?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Suspended Moments
Maybe try using just the regular DJIGo app rather than DJIGo4... I have both versions on my phone now. I've been able to use / fly the drone fine with both but have encountered issues downloading photos and videos on the new app while the "old" one seems to still work fine in that regard.

Is your iOS software updated / current?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have same problem, I restore the controller re updated to latest version, sometimes it works fine other time the app crashes all I get is a black screen and I'll have to land to turn off the controller, also the app twitches a lot or the screen idk it's weird I'm on the p4pplus

Maybe try using just the regular DJIGo app rather than DJIGo4... I have both versions on my phone now. I've been able to use / fly the drone fine with both but have encountered issues downloading photos and videos on the new app while the "old" one seems to still work fine in that regard.

Is your iOS software updated / current?

It;s not about installing on a phone . . its a PLUS . . there's no phone . . .only an integrated DJI display (android). And Documentation says the P4Pro + ONLY works with DJI GO 4 app
But it doesn't . . it just crashes when you hit "GO FLY" . . all apps and firmware has been updated and current to what dji revision doc says on the website Aircraft .0203 Controller 1.1.1.1 and GO 4 app 4.0.0(12)

Last edited:
Did you try doing a factory reset from the settings menu?

YES . . After the first set of multiple fails I checked the latest on-line versions of firmware . . they were all up to date. . . but I reinstalled anyway. Still GOFLY would crash every time. I did factory RESET then . . still failed. The DJI store called me back on skype after I phoned and I showed them the behavour on video. They verified the firmware versions and GO 4 app then had me go into settings and delete or reset a bunch of stuff. Still failed . . . reliably.

At that point, they said they had never run across this issue in any they have shipped so far . . and would send me a shipping label to send it back for analysis . . and they would replace it.

Last edited:
Sorry, but what is supposed to happen when you hit "go fly"?

The app is supposed to open so you can see the camera view, map view and all the controls and you are supposed to be able to use the machine and go flying . . . instead it app crashes and restarts . .and you go around and around like that till you get tired and give up.

there is an update for RC (01.03.00.00)

and be shure your versions (AC and RC are showing correkt in the about window
if not, flash firmware again with assistent2 software

IMG_0061.jpg

I see lots of issues with the Go4 app crashing and everyone talks about which phone or ipad they are using. I just got a new P4P + and its crashing every time I hit "GO FLY". There seems to be no way to reset the controller display or reload GO 4 app other than reinstall. I've done that several times using Aircraft v0203 and Controller v1.1.1.1.

Is there a different version on GO4? and where can I find that?
Thanks
You have a drone with a old firmware, you have a prototype.. check your sn

Also heard the fix was to format the +tablet "sdcard" in the settings. It starts out dji go fresh like brand new out of the box try that the app should open like your first time ever opening a app or installing it. This has fixed issues with force closing and kicking you out of DJI go so like I said go into the settings of your + tablet and format the internal SD card of the tablet

I did that an they were all up to date . . I called the company I bought it from (drdrone.ca halifax ns) who checked it out over skype and decided it was not any of the software/firmware and replaced it immediately . . I never actually few the original bird. . . being over Christmas/New Years it took almost a month, . . when I actually did fly the second one dji Care kicked in 19 dec and they immediately transferred it to the new machine but refused to reset the date to when I got the replacement Phantom. . . EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT REPLACED UNDER DJI CARE! . . it was just swapped with the seller.

dji makes great machines but they REALLY suck at customer care

On the other hand Dr Drone has AWESOME customer care people My new P4P+ is works perfectly and does everything I ask.

I received my P4P+ two days ago and after charging the batteries and getting the firmware all updated, I had the same problem with the Go 4 app crashing every time I pressed "Go Fly" Chatted with DJI support, their only suggestion was to try resetting the RC to default and then try again. Reset RC multiple times, and Go 4 still crashed immediately. Tried to use the Flight Simulator, and the app crashed immediately. DJI support said "send it back for repair". I powered everything off and did a few other things and came back to it an hour later, and reset the RC again, and this time I was able to get into flight mode. Played around with various things and menus, but never tried flying it. Got interrupted and had to power everything off to take care of another issue. An hour later when I had free time again, I powered the AC and RC on to continue "learning" and we're back to the app crashing constantly. Again tried resetting everything, back to defaults, still crashes every time I press GO Fly.

Called B&H Photo to request a return as new defective. They immediately e-mailed me a return label to send it back for replacement. Now waiting for the return to complete and replacement to be sent. I sure hope I don't get another dud.

YES . . After the first set of multiple fails I checked the latest on-line versions of firmware . . they were all up to date. . . but I reinstalled anyway. Still GOFLY would crash every time. I did factory RESET then . . still failed. The DJI store called me back on skype after I phoned and I showed them the behavour on video. They verified the firmware versions and GO 4 app then had me go into settings and delete or reset a bunch of stuff. Still failed . . . reliably.

At that point, they said they had never run across this issue in any they have shipped so far . . and would send me a shipping label to send it back for analysis . . and they would replace it.
I am having this exact same problem with a P4Pro + that I received a week ago and am just now getting it going.
Did all of the updates, RC connected to Quad and cycled through all updates, responded with Update Successfully Installed.
Shut everything down, removed the pigtail (connecting RC to P4Pro).. everything starts up fine.
When I press the green "Go Fly" banner, it never starts and as described, the screen goes momentarily blank. I have not been able to run the Phantom 4 pro + yet.
Click on "Go Fly" this is the message: "Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped."
That is indeed unfortunate as this will be the first DJI product I have ever had to return but I have no choice, I need gear that works.

I'm with you . . send it BACK! . . . fortunately my second one seems to behave properly . .except for crashing DJIGO 4 once WHILE FLYING!! . . not good . . . only happened once in a dozen or more flight . .hope I stay LUCKY

I'm with you . . send it BACK! . . . fortunately my second one seems to behave properly . .except for crashing DJIGO 4 once WHILE FLYING!! . . not good . . . only happened once in a dozen or more flight . .hope I stay LUCKY
Sending it back and will wait quite a while before replacing it... I may go with the P4Pro without the built in screen... has that been successful?

Reactions: David Cooke
Sending it back and will wait quite a while before replacing it... I may go with the P4Pro without the built in screen... has that been successful?
I like the P4Pro+ just because of the quick and easy setup whenever you get ready to launch its fast and simple . . but it does not allow you to load other software like Litchi . . unless someone else knows something. Also you never need a hood even in bright skies . . the display is about the size of iPhone6SPlus . .which is adequate and easier to handle than a Mini4 or similar. Those were the trade-offs for me and I'm still happy with the choices . . just hope it does not RESET all the time in flight. . . Only once so far, but its been too cold or rainy to fly much of the time

What serial numbers do the prototypes have on them? I was told to ship my P4Pro + system back, but I'm curious about your "prototype" statement. They did ask me for the serial number and then simply said "we'll replace it"... that's interesting to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31