P4Pro Controller Plug Fell Off?

Reaction score
New P4Pro, went to charge the controller and the little plug to cover the charge port isn't attached to the remote... Doesn't look like it ripped off, just isn't attached. Is this normal? My P4s was attached.

Reactions: embayweather
New P4Pro, went to charge the controller and the little plug to cover the charge port isn't attached to the remote... Doesn't look like it ripped off, just isn't attached. Is this normal? My P4s was attached.
The charge cover plug comes off very easily.
Usually when you put the charger in the backpack case and it's not pushed in tightly.
The good news is that it won't make any difference.

No the entire plug came off - see photo

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 407
Doesn't look like it ripped off, just isn't attached.
Your photo shows it ripped off. Here's what missing end looks like:

Plug.jpg

You could fix it yourself if you're able to find a new plug. I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

Ok so if I can get a plug from DJI - how hard is it to open the controller up? Or can I just jam the "tail" of the plug through from the outside

Here's a video showing how to open the remote controller:

I've never replaced one, but it looks like you could just push it through without opening the remote controller.

Oh this should be interesting. I don't like the idea of taking this thing apart - especially with those adhesive parts. I can't imagine they will come off and go back on nicely...

I wonder if I can pull the old tail out with tweezers... this will be fun....

I don't like the idea of taking this thing apart - especially with those adhesive parts.
I saw another video on YouTube where a guy peeled up the corner of those adhesive strips just enough to remove the screws. That's what I'd try first.

I wonder if I can pull the old tail out with tweezers
The old tail is probably bouncing around inside of your remote controller (unless you can see it from the side of your remote controller).

Ah, yes, there it is. You might be able to pull it out if you have a good set of tweezers.

Ok so if I can get a plug from DJI - how hard is it to open the controller up? Or can I just jam the "tail" of the plug through from the outside
It's really not important enough to worry about.
You still have the plug - just push it in and forget about the little stalk bit.

You don't even need the plug at all and it stays in just fine without being attached. Even if you do go thru all the trouble to replace it the new one will break again soon too

I used a tiny bit of superglue on the outside part of the tail. Dropped it into the recess and all is well. Not critical if it wasn't though.

DJI Fixed it - stuck a new plug in there. I think they just shoved the old "nub" into the controller, now I hear something small moving around in there...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4