P4PO after a 3 month vacation....

Reaction score
Happy to report that my phantom survived my 3 month vacation in the Philippines except for the broken stock gimble guard. The bird functioned flawlessly. My ipad pro overheated once and it was because I had Spotify running from the background. My phantom and ipad were kept with current updates while on vacation. No major callibration were performed except for the obstacle sensors when required after installing firmware upgrade. Maximum distance I attempted was 3500 meters. Hand caught my drone in almost all my landings. Hand launched over water on more than one occassion where vertical clearance was not adequate. I lost connection more than once from a launching position where there was a compass error. I just re saved home position once I was clear from the interferences. I had a good vantage point and moving from another place void of compass interference was not an option for me. I tried night flying also again from the same place where there was a compass error. This was scary because I was flying in Atti mode until I cleared compass error and got a GPS lock. I am a very satisfied phantom 4 pro obsidian owner. Only one complain though, it takes me 5 minutes to properly setup the phantom for flight.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Can't wait to see some footage! Welcome back! I have to agree with the setup time, it does take longer than my Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. The CrystalSky helps cut that setup time down a little bit as you can just slide on the CS and lock the cam, no messing with wires and device holders etc.

I am not a professional photographer by any means. Video and camera settings are set to auto. A 360 panorama pictures were added to the video footage. My passion is flying. I am still learning the video/camera aspect of this hobby.

Last edited:
Any problems in customs? I have heard mixed reports about bringing a drone to the Philippines. I am going in October through November, flying into Manilla and a few more flights and SuperCats.

I used a carry on for the drone. My whole setup including bag weighed less than 13 pounds. I did not have any problems at SFO or at NAIA airports. My carry on which included the stock DJI case fitted in the overhead luggage compartment with no problem. My battery chargers including the DJI stock went into my checked in luggages. Be cautious of where you fly. They have sling shots and bb guns.

Thank you for posting the beautiful footage. Are you shooting @60fps? How did you get the panning so smooth, was it in post production, or was it due to your settings? Thank you in advance.

Thank you for posting the beautiful footage. Are you shooting @60fps? How did you get the panning so smooth, was it in post production, or was it due to your settings? Thank you in advance.
I was experimenting between 30 and 60 fps in 4K. I don’t know what settings this video was taken with. I use ND16 filter. I got tired of slowing down my videos because of fast turning so I turn slowly everytime except sometimes I forget and I just edit it out. I am not use to flying fpv yet. It helps when you are watching your screen when turning so you can see if you are turning too fast for video.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I was experimenting between 30 and 60 fps in 4K. I don’t know what settings this video was taken with. I use ND16 filter. I got tired of slowing down my videos because of fast turning so I turn slowly everytime except sometimes I forget and I just edit it out. I am not use to flying fpv yet. It helps when you are watching your screen when turning so you can see if you are turning too fast for video.
Thank you for the reply, your panning is very smooth, even for how fast you're moving, very impressive!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl