P4P Vision Calibration on mac OS help.

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So out of nowhere I got a request from the DJI app 4 to calibrate the vision system using DJI Assistant 2. I have everything up to date on the Mac (10.12.4) and on the P4P, App and Controller. Assistant 2 sees the P4P, but when I go to calibrate it just gives me the instructions...I never get to the dots to do the calibration. I have tried everything I know..any ideas?

(All I get is Frame Alignment error..no pretty black dots to do the alignment)

And by the way, I check this forum every day..you guys are awesome so I appreciate any help I can get! :)

Last edited:
Hi S,

I also got this error on a Mac. I did the following to be successful calibrating my VPS system on a 2016 MBP15:
  1. Make sure you are using the latest version of Assistant 2.
  2. Start the calibration with a fully charged battery
  3. With Assistant 2, restore the aircraft to factory conditions.
  4. Use only the monitor on your laptop.
Please take the time to report back if the above worked for you.

Don Barar

Thank you so much Don, you were the only one to reply. I got steps 1 and 2..but didn't restore my P4P to Factory...will that roll back the firmware as well?

Hi S,

You are most welcome.

Restoring to Factory Conditions does not roll back the firmware. However, as a precaution I would also re-cailbrate the IMU, gimbal and compass after calibrating the VPS.

Don Barar

Hi S,

It is not your Mac. There is some other software flaw. Just not certain if it has to do with Assistant 2, a fully charge battery, or restoring to factory conditions. These are just the things I had to do in order to get the VPS to calibrate.

I think you should be Ok with your iMac--as long as you are using the integrated monitor and not a some secondary monitor connected to the iMac.

Don Barar

I have the same issue and will try this and let you know how it worked out as well. Thank you in advance. So many threads on here run right off topic and you have to read 30 replies before you get the right answer that's even if you do. Thanks.

Hey Don, so I tried it on my 2012 Macbook Pro without restoring to factory settings and it actually worked. Thank you so much for your advice sir...I am glad I didnt have to restore to factory settings on the P4P though...guess I was lucky. I have a feeling that would have been a nightmare.

Hi S,

Good that you were able to calibrate the VPS without having to restore the aircraft to factory settings. When I was having problems I tried a number of things until I had success--restoring the aircraft to factory settings was one of things I tried to finally get it to calibrate.

You have added to Phantom 4 Pro knowledge base. Next time I (and others) get a VPS calibration message I (we) can attempt VPS calibration without restoring to factory conditions as a result of your success.

Don Barar

I tried to calibrate VPS on my windows 10 PC and keep getting frame alignment error"
I did the restore to factory defaults and still frame error.
Will try with fully charged battery tomorrow.

Disabled Signed Driver Enforcement, now able to calibrate VPS.

I have posted instructions in a windows 10 thread.

Last edited:
I just did a successful Vision Calibration using my Wndows 10 laptop. For my own reference and others who may want to know how I did it, here are the steps.

1) Restart Computer - Disable Signed Driver Enforcement as blackie1491 pointed out above
2) Change screen resolution to 1920 * 1080
3) Attach AC to computer using the supplied DJI cable
4) Start DJI Assistant 2. You may see warning messages related to DJI Assistant application, if so, just click OK.
5) Do Vision Calibration in a non glare setting making sure to position laptop screen so it is not tilting at all. It should be as straight as possible.
6) Comment on this thread if Calibration fails

Hi S,

Good that you were able to calibrate the VPS without having to restore the aircraft to factory settings. When I was having problems I tried a number of things until I had success--restoring the aircraft to factory settings was one of things I tried to finally get it to calibrate.

You have added to Phantom 4 Pro knowledge base. Next time I (and others) get a VPS calibration message I (we) can attempt VPS calibration without restoring to factory conditions as a result of your success.

Don Barar
Did all that and still do not get the "dots" on the screen.
Full battery, factory reset and still nothing. even refreshed the firmware.
Any other ideas??

After disabling signed driver enforcement you may have to reinstall DJI assistant to ensure the dji driver is installed.

Did all that and still do not get the "dots" on the screen.
Full battery, factory reset and still nothing. even refreshed the firmware.
Any other ideas??

Mac Mini (obviously with external display). No dots for me either. Did you make any progress getting it to work on your Mac?

Mac Mini (obviously with external display). No dots for me either. Did you make any progress getting it to work on your Mac?
Yup, I had an external display plugged into my MacBook. I was not using it. In fact it was turned off but when I unplugged it I was able to see the pattern. Not sure why it made a difference but that is what did it for me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj