P4P V2 Stability

Reaction score
I have read recently on this forum that the P4P V2 is somewhat unstable in hover and experiences drift, i am looking to purchase a P4P V2 but now i am concerned that it might be a lemon, are previous versions of P4P better than V2 or am i being paranoid, any advice would be welcome.

It's a mixed bag on that one. Some seem to have a slow rotation to the right or left while in hover or while flying long distances in straight flight. I'm one of the lucky ones as mine does not have the problem. When will DJI step up to the plate and provide a fix, who knows.

Reactions: straitup
So it appears to be a bit of a lottery, some good some bad but know way of knowing before purchase, maybe a new P4P (NOT V2) may be a better option.
Thanks for info.

I will go with the 2.0 even if it’s a lottery. You can get used to the drift and yaw problems and stay on it, but once you use ocusync, it’s hard to go back to Lightbridge.

Reactions: LARA images
Thanks for the heads up, i was concerned about using the mapping feature on djgo4 and would it fly the course and take shots or would it slowly rotate and the shots would not overlap correctly and therefore not stich together.

Thanks for the heads up, i was concerned about using the mapping feature on djgo4 and would it fly the course and take shots or would it slowly rotate and the shots would not overlap correctly and therefore not stich together.
I use DJI’s Groundstation Pro. Haven’t had any problems.

Thanks for the info, i will look at Groundstation Pro, do you fly p4p v2? does it drift and yaw, if it does and your use of the groundstation is ok then that answers my question.
thanks again.

Thanks for the info, i will look at Groundstation Pro, do you fly p4p v2? does it drift and yaw, if it does and your use of the groundstation is ok then that answers my question.
thanks again.
Yes, I fly the v2.0. I’m going to be honest. I have never perceived it. I hardly ever let it drift for more than a minute and when paning, I’m usually on the controls all the way. I edit out anything that I don’t like. I’ve done many mapping missions without any trouble and they come up looking great.

Thank you, i will take the plunge and hope all is ok, if not at least i know that i can still map and keep vigilant on the controls.

Mine is perfect but I don’t dare use DJI GO 4 from experiences previous issues and the possibilities of restrictions it may impose if I’m forced to upgrade firmware. Instead I only fly Litchi which IMO is far superior to GO 4. But mine shows no drift.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks for that info Jim, i was not aware that DJI where forcing firmware upgrades on their products, i would have thought the consumer would decide if or when to upgrade, does this mean that if one of those upgrades fails and the AC is inoperable that they take full responsibility for the loss. I have seen a lot of pilots on this forum are using Litchi, guess it is time to check it out.
Ed

Reactions: Hounddog
Yes I still have original firmware that came on my V 2.0. Each time I start DJI GO4 to use its adjustment features I get a notice that firmware is necessary but it allows me to ignore. On some posts I’ve read here indicate that to continue the update must be done! I’ve not seen that yet but I’d seek an alternative such as Litchi rather than risk getting hit with flight restrictions as some have reported. I fully support safe flying and NFZ’s where needed but I live 10.5 miles from a regional airport and army guard site with choppers but am completely clear of the flight paths. I don’t like some Chinese chap deciding where I can fly! I was considering buying DJI goggles until I read that their firmware out of the box required updating. I refuse to allow DJI the chance to force an update on my equipment during an update of the goggles and no one has been able to advise whether this is possible. So no goggles for me for now until I find out. I’d call DJI and ask but based on previous contact with the service department I would not trust their answer. So I’ll stick with Litchi. It has performed perfectly and does not nag me to upgrade anything, for over two years and three Phantoms.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Hope you get a good one. I have had 2, both had the yawing issues, (drifting).

With latest firmware, problem is better. Sometimes it will hold perfectly, other times during the same flight drifting.

Due to the fact that camera is dialed in perfectly, I will continue to put up with the problems. Odds are if sent it, will be sent a refurb, and anyone's guess to camera quality.

Paul C

Yep if you send your drone to DJI you’ll never see it again! No way to know if they really test what they return to you because they sent me one that had the propeller retaining springs removed! It only took them five weeks to mail a set after I had to submit a video showing them missing!

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Many thanks to all who replied, very much appreciated, learning everyday what not to do. Merry Christmas to all.
Ed

If you get a Vr 2.0. make sure you test for this issue, it's very simple. Take off, go straight up, and see if the drone holds the last position or slowly rotates around the center. Also try a pan, by yawing, and see after you release the stick from yawing for panning, if the drone, either continues to move in the direction of the pan, or backwards.

If you see either of these, I don't think you will be able to get a fix, as since 06/18/18 the problem has persisted. Send the drone back while you are still in the return period from the vendor. This is one great reason to purchase from a vendor like B&H or Adorama, both offer 30 days to return and you can return an activated drone. I found it very difficult to get DJI to issue a refund on my 1st Vr 2.0, (where the controller died after 3 days), since it was activated.

Paul C

Reactions: roosta and straitup
Thanks Paul, good to know there is a test but lousy to know " no fix" however i am finding it a bit difficult to find stock in Australia, most reputable dealers are out of stock, there are a few for sale through the Phantom Pilots Classifieds but it is hard to get any of them to reply. Strange that???????????????
Ed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT