P4P v2 questions to owners

Reaction score
Hallo friends, thinking about upgrading my P3P to the P4P v2, I'm just fed up of waiting for the P5....
A few questions I haven't been able to answer myself through the forum and docs:
- have they fixed the problem on the gimbal that the previous P4P sometimes suffered (sudden tilt of the gimbal)?
- does the transmitter have an Hdmi output or it needs the add-on board as the P3 did, and is it the same add-on board of the P3?
- did they release the firmware upgrade for the goggles (non RE edition, just the original ones), and in case has anyone already tested it?
Thanks in advance for your replies

does the transmitter have an Hdmi output or it needs the add-on board as the P3 did, and is it the same add-on board of the P3?
It does not contain an HDMI output. The current DJI HDMI Output Module is not compatible with the P4P V2 remote controller.

did they release the firmware upgrade for the goggles (non RE edition, just the original ones)
Yes.

Is there a way to send the video feed to an Hdmi device? Did they release a kind of Ocusync receiver with an Hdmi output?

There’s only been one firmware update and it doesn’t mention that in the notes
Your Phantom should be able to connect to the DJI Goggles after you update the firmware on both your Phantom and DJI Goggles.

How does this fly safe thing work? I'm leery about buying something that can be completely controlled by DJI. If they wanted, they could ground drones everywhere. I am a licensed pilot and not sure I want to deal with the system they have in place.......how has it been working for everyone? I need this for my business and don't need the hassle of dealing with DJI and ATC. I am doing things legally and hate to be put through all of this just because people out there do not follow the regulations. Have there been times their system was down and you weren't able to get an authorization in a green or yellow zone?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl