P4P+ V1 New RC Trying to connect, Help

Reaction score
So I have a P4P+ drone and controller and I wanted a new controller but without the built in screen. I was looking around and saw that the GL300C version B was compatible. The difference between the GL300C and GL300C version b is the flight control modes are P-S-A on the version B. I went ahead and bought a used one on Ebay that looked like it was in good condition and Confirmed that the flight modes were P-S-A. When I connected the new controller to my phone and turned on the drone I pressed the remote control linking button in the app then I pressed the linking button on the drone. No beeps or anything from the drone. tried multiple times nothing happend. Power cycled everything nothing happend. I help the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the app and updated the controller firmware. Tried connecting again nothing happend. Is there a way that I have to disconnect the Pro Plus controller first before I can connect the new one? Also when I have my phone connected and the controller is on it shows up as Phantom 4 and not Phantom 4 pro.
Any other recommendations? Help

Last edited:
So I have a P4P+ drone and controller and I wanted a new controller but without the built in screen. I was looking around and saw that the GL300C version B was compatible. The difference between the GL300C and GL300C version b is the flight control modes are P-S-A on the version B. I went ahead and bought a used one on Ebay that looked like it was in good condition and Confirmed that the flight modes were P-S-A. When I connected the new controller to my phone and turned on the drone I pressed the remote control linking button in the app then I pressed the linking button on the drone. No beeps or anything from the drone. tried multiple times nothing happend. Power cycled everything nothing happend. I help the three bars in the upper right hand corner of the app and updated the controller firmware. Tried connecting again nothing happend. Is there a way that I have to disconnect the Pro Plus controller first before I can connect the new one? Also when I have my phone connected and the controller is on it shows up as Phantom 4 and not Phantom 4 pro.
Any other recommendations? Help
Have you set the RC type?

Screen shots from Mike S:
8F519FC2-F870-40C9-B13C-ADA566EC2512.jpeg

Does the one you purchased have this (Ver B.) on the back?

1651160908333.png

Glad to help solve the mystery.
Hopefully, you'll be able to sell that and get a Ver. b or a GL300F.
I went through the same thing back in 2017 and ended up getting an "F".
There are days I wished the screen was a little brighter with my 9" iPad 6th gen.
The "E" screens are a bit small but the brightness was pretty good as I remember.
Have been wondered if they've updated software/firmware for the "E".
I need to check back into the updates/work around for the "E" to see if folks are still having issues.
People were having glitches & not trusting the "E"'s after they were modded back then and I didn't want to deal with that.

Reactions: Capt KO
Correct 300F was the one shipped with the P4P. Has more signal strength than the 300C verB

I was looking around and saw that the GL300C version B was compatible. I went ahead and bought a used one on Ebay.
When you said you bought a 300C Ver.B, I assumed you actually had a 300C Ver.B. Sorry to assume and not verify first. 😉

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4