P4P Tilted Horizon??

Has DJI said when they will release that version?
No which is the crazy thing. It's been around since April. They first started putting it on returned birds with TH and then started allowing users to get the beta but the DJI rep just says SOON. The firmware did nothing else I can tell so maybe they are waiting for more things. I was always skeptical that a firmware upgrade could fix TH, I thought for sure it was mechanical.

I was always skeptical that a firmware upgrade could fix TH, I thought for sure it was mechanical.

Ive been conflicted. It feels like it should be software fixable but I saw many things related to a hardware issue. However, when the bug continues through different hardware models; phantoms 3, 4 and 4p and the Magic Pro, it Is unlikely to be pure hardware.

It could still be a hardware issue that they've found a way to fix via software.

If it's a pure software issue, there has got to be a programmer at DJI with a sore butt over it!

nxfhh.jpg

Firmware 1.04.0602 for the P4P is now documented as released (today) on the P4P's download page. This includes the beta horizon fix.

Yeah oddly enough this firmware hit an hour ago when I was noodling. Hooked up to assistant but it wouldn't do the update because I only had 38% battery- thought I had more or I never would have tried. Will do this one tomorrow night. I don't see anything about release notes or the firmware at DJI online. Anything listed besides the gimbal thing- which I don't seem to suffer from at one previous firmware?

Interesting that new out of the box I had 01.03.0509. Must be fresh as the daisy stock. The only only two things I notice is the camera doesn't hold bracketed settings between power ups and it does not actually take a picture during video. It makes a sound like it does but it doesn't. Wonder if they just pushed this firmware with only the gimbal fix. Also I ignored update NFZ for now.

I have a P4P with the latest firmware as of JUL04, 2017. The horizon is **always** tilted - even with a very light wind; right side is low. Always have to compensate the gimbal roll by .4 or .5. Still images not so bad when you can stop and adjust, but moving (cinematic) video is a PITA.

I can relate to what the OP mentioned: "It's just stunning to me that they can do everything else so right - but just keep striking out fixing this old bug."

ETA: I spoke to soon. I DID NOT have the latest firmware. Installing V01.04.0602 now. Test flight tomorrow.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded from a P3A to a P4P+. I have the latest firmware installed (V01.04.0602) and i'm also seeing horizon tilt issues. Sometimes it seems like it's right on and sometimes it's not. I don't know what causes this inconsistency.
I really thought this problem would be fixed by now. Specially on the P4 series.

Here's my first pic after updating firmware to V01.04.0602. So disappointing.... Always right side down.

9EwR95r.jpg
I think you have to manually adjust the gimbal to level. From there it will hold level. Mine was tilted on take off, once I adjusted in the air it held beautifully. Was really impressed that DJI seemed to do something right for once! Didn't calibrate gimbal either!

Reactions: Capo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj