P4P Tilted Horizon??

Yeah if your gimble is as crooked as the pic you showed above you have something else wrong Drestin. I have almost no problems s long as I do an occasional IMU and gimble calibrate. It will drift a little bit in some winds here and there though. Comes back to level after a turn or two usually. But never this crooked as you have shown with your bird.

This is the worse one I've had (mid him, this is a brand new from the DJI repair facility in CA so it was hand tested before being sent to me), every phantom I've owned has the problem. And I've seen worse posted here, even. As soon as I get my P4P I'll be checking this and will post about it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This is the worse one I've had (mid him, this is a brand new from the DJI repair facility in CA so it was hand tested before being sent to me), every phantom I've owned has the problem. And I've seen worse posted here, even. As soon as I get my P4P I'll be checking this and will post about it

Wow! I have never seen one that bad before. And stay like that. Mine has never ever been that bad. Calibrations have always cleared it up almost nonexistent. But like I said winds do affect it going back and forth some for me.

iMU calibration, followed by gimbal calibration followed by adjusting gimbal roll using a calibrated surface for the bird and a long level set to center of camera view. Adjust gimbal roll against the level on screen. No more problems.

Weird, i've had a Phantom 1 with a gopro and now a Phantom 3 Pro and never had the tilted horizon issue.

I agree. I had a few issues here and there, but they all got corrected by calibration and gimbal roll correction. Totally a none issue.

I would not be so sure it was "hand tested". You have to understand that probably DJI technicians are quite busy and they rarely test drone from start till end. I suppose they just turned it on, checked that its working, spinning motors, recording and probably that`s it.
So be sure that you do all the calibrations properly - cold, level, etc.
I have had some problems on ph4 but they all went gone after IMU calibration. On ph3 i had never had any tilted horizon even without calibration.

I agree. I had a few issues here and there, but they all got corrected by calibration and gimbal roll correction. Totally a none issue.

Ive done imu and gimbal calibrations at least 15 times between the two P4s I have, zero change. Both require manually adding an adjustment factor after the fact. One of my friends just got a P4 from Apple Store, new out of box, needed a -4.6 to level

Ive done imu and gimbal calibrations at least 15 times between the two P4s I have, zero change. Both require manually adding an adjustment factor after the fact. One of my friends just got a P4 from Apple Store, new out of box, needed a -4.6 to level

Dang the luck your having man!

Brand new P4P - tilted horizon - I just don't get it, why is this not fixable at the factory?

746a1dfafc974c3207ab0ad4d9b797bb.jpg

So this pic is your new P4 Pro right out of the box? And you have done all of the setup as far as calibrating IMU and gimble ect? This sucks! But I have had this much crooked at times in wind ect. But it always corrects very quickly.

I am having tilted horizon issues.
Have calibrated the IMU (twice) and also calibrated the gimbal..
Anyone know any other tricks I may be able to use?

Cheers

I am having tilted horizon issues.
Have calibrated the IMU (twice) and also calibrated the gimbal..
Anyone know any other tricks I may be able to use?

Cheers
I believe that the best that can be done is to perform perfectly level IMU & gimbal calibrations – then adjust the gimbal roll in-flight with C2+right scroll wheel. For me – this tends to fix it when still – will often drift as soon as bird is turned, yawed or crabbed in-flight. Those of us that take video near the ocean are more annoyed than others – since the horizon is very obvious here. I tend to use Litchi to help take slow, smooth flights near POI to help minimize tilt.

Brand new P4P - tilted horizon - I just don't get it, why is this not fixable at the factory?

746a1dfafc974c3207ab0ad4d9b797bb.jpg

It can take several IMU/gimbal calibrations to fix effectively. Make sure they are COLD IMU calibrations. That said, that is a very slight horizon drift that is easily fixed in post. I wouldn't even bother personally. And there isn't a drone in the world that doesn't have this kind of issue slightly to some effect, DJI or any other brand. It's simply not something that anyone has perfected yet. I'm also assuming that the land in the distance there doesn't naturally slope downward going to the right there?

Can someone please tell me for certain. Does the P4Pro still have the tilted horizon issue? One video I've seen had it. It's just stunning to me that they can do everything else so right - but just keep striking out fixing this old bug.

I just got this P4 (after Gimbal Calibration):
e8b808015799229950504863c9b3fe8f.jpg
To be honest i did not see this problem in phantom 4. I have 8 years of flying experience with this aircraft...fantastic...

Oh! sorry its not years its HRS.....When I got my license, I used this aircraft. The minimum requirement in Australia was 5 hrs but I flew 8 hrs...

I have the problem with tilting on the P4P since I bought it a few weeks ago. If it would only be constant I could live with doing manual gimbal adjustment once per flight. But my tilt depends on the compass direction.
See pictures. First screenshot looking NorthWest, second = looking East. The second shot is the same flight, same position, just higher up.
But it's not that it's always tilting while facing east. Sometimes it's vice versa :-(

I'm hoping the firmware update two days ago fixes it. Didn't have a chance to fly yet.

tilt-1.jpg

tilt-2.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj