P4P Shipping Thread

You're right. That refund button is new. Perhaps this latest release cycle has shown them that it's better in the end to give customers a mechanism to cancel orders themselves. Either way, what option do we have other than patience?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There really needs to be a forum sticky that states:

1. DJI ships what it wants when it wants and nothing that any vendor (including DJI customer service) says regarding a shipping timeframe has any meaning whatsoever.
2. No matter what promises are made, a vendor cannot ship anything until DJI ships product to them.
3. Once placed you will not be able to get any (accurate) updates on your order from anyone, ever, period.
4. If you do receive any information from anyone, refer to item #1 on this list.

The problem is lack of communication. Many are relying on alternate vendors to get an idea of a ship/release date. When a new iPhone is announced we know the release day and none of the above happens.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You're right. That refund button is new. Perhaps this latest release cycle has shown them that it's better in the end to give customers a mechanism to cancel orders themselves. Either way, what option do we have other than patience?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Exactly. Nothing we can do. They have us by the props.

Reactions: Bigbells
I returned my P4 (Apple Store)after learning about the P4P (still in return timeframe). I ordered the P4P+ through DJI direct 11/16 with much of the same story following that we all know to well. However after doing some research about this mess found some info that I'm pretty sure is accurate. DJI sent a email to a retailer indicating that they cannot sell units(P4P) until further notice because (GET THIS) " DJI has not released the APP yet". I was as we all are completely resigned to the previous posters (smiler) item #1. This retailer was adamant about not being able to ship until he gets approval from DJI . Also he stated clearly P4P will not fly without. I guess we should have thought about that because APP release/ update would need to predate shipments. Good ole DJI...

I just logged into my account at DJI and under "my orders" there is a new button called "refund order". Apparently they are making it simpler to cancel the order!! Can it be?

DJI sent a email to a retailer indicating that they cannot sell units(P4P) until further notice because (GET THIS) " DJI has not released the APP yet". I was as we all are completely resigned to the previous posters (smiler) item #1. This retailer was adamant about not being able to ship until he gets approval from DJI .
Well if true I guess that's relatively good news, in that units will ship as soon as the app is released.

Finally got through to chat on and DJI told me my order of 11/15 would not ship until MID DECEMBER,. I promptly canceled. And, since they are the NEWEGG seller as well canceling there too. Enough of the games, I'll order when it's available if I'm still interested. FWIW Amazon showing January 15, 2017 and B&H won't tell you anything. I think this is a money grab by DJI to pay for the stock needed once they see how many orders.

Just went through three agents and got this:
b3f2689a83.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94