P4P Shipping Thread

NewEgg/DJI took mine a few days ago and gave me a fake shipping # in exchange...
Well that's more than any of us have :D

Now we get to see if Newegg can really ship on the 25th as their website has said for the last week. I ordered in the wee hours on the 16th (within hours of the P4P showing up on the Newegg website) so if any ship 'on time' mine should. But alas, I'm not holding my breath.

I'd hate to cancel at this point as it can ship any day now. Also who knows who else will have it and when.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
After cancelling with DJI I placed an order with B&H. I'm really comfortable buying from them. I should have learned by now that authorized US dealers are going to have new DJI items before people start getting individual shipments from DJI. Maybe I'll remember that when the next "gotta have" is released. :cool:

After cancelling with DJI I placed an order with B&H. I'm really comfortable buying from them. I should have learned by now that authorized US dealers are going to have new DJI items before people start getting individual shipments from DJI. Maybe I'll remember that when the next "gotta have" is released. :cool:
I have the opposite experience. I recieved my Mavic way before any authorized dealer received them

Reactions: Bigbells
Does B&H have them?

No, but unlike some other places, they didn't even put them up for pre-order until 2 days ago. I think they'll get them as soon as anybody.

I just checked my order history with DJI. Back on April 7 2014, I ordered a P2V Plus from DJI. By the time I got it, some people in the US had already gotten theirs from US dealers. And they got them $20 cheaper, because at the time DJI was charging $20 for shipping to the US.

I still have my mangled P2V Plus. I had my phone number on it and somebody found it 10 months after it crashed way out yonder.

No, but unlike some other places, they didn't even put them up for pre-order until 2 days ago. I think they'll get them as soon as anybody.

I just checked my order history with DJI. Back on April 7 2014, I ordered a P2V Plus from DJI. By the time I got it, some people in the US had already gotten theirs from US dealers. And they got them $20 cheaper, because at the time DJI was charging $20 for shipping to the US.

I still have my mangled P2V Plus. I had my phone number on it and somebody found it 10 months after it crashed way out yonder.

B&H started preorder just after DJI's announcement. I placed my order on 15th and they initially mentioned the shipping date to be 25th.

Reactions: bkushner
B&H started preorder just after DJI's announcement. I placed my order on 15th and they initially mentioned the shipping date to be 25th.

I didn't previously know that B&H had the P4 listed at some time on the 15th. Glad you got your order in and I hope we both get our P4P aircraft soon!
Nov 15 2016:
11:14 am I placed an order with B&H for the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo.
3:44 pm I got DJI's email announcing the Phantom 4 Pro and Aspire 2. This is my first knowledge of these new aircraft.
X:XX pm (I don't know exactly what time but it was around 5 pm), I cancel my Mavic order with B&H because I decide I want a P4P or Inspire 2 instead. The better cameras are what guided my decision.
9:53 pm B&H sends me an email honoring my cancellation.

Nov 16 2016:
I post in a Mavic thread here about how the newly announced P4P and Inspire 2 caused me to cancel my Mavic order.

Nov 20 2016:
I make up my mind to order a P4P, but see that it's not listed at B&H. I had missed seeing that it was listed when you ordered yours on the 15th, but it was not listed on the 20th. So, I order from DJI.
8:18 am DJI sends me an email thanking me for my payment

Nov 21
P4P still not listed at B&H for preorder

Nov 22 2016
3:22 pm P4P now available for preorder from B&H, so I send an email to DJI online sales requesting cancellation of my order
11:49 pm I order a P4P from B&H

The way that DJI's website says to cancel an order is to send an email to [email protected].

I did that 52 hours ago. DJI hasn't responded yet and my order page still says "payment success". I'm not worried about it, I know they'll eventually cancel my payment. But, if I needed that money to pay the bills, I reckon I'd be ticked that they're so slow.
I wrote 4 days ago and no reply.

Well that's more than any of us have :D

Now we get to see if Newegg can really ship on the 25th as their website has said for the last week. I ordered in the wee hours on the 16th (within hours of the P4P showing up on the Newegg website) so if any ship 'on time' mine should. But alas, I'm not holding my breath.
Once again isn't the NEWEGG drone sold by DJI store on NEWEGG?

Sending an email for cancellation is not efficient! I opened a DJI chat and told them to cancel my order and it was done within 2 minutes...all good

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So what seems to be the overall consensus on what to do here? Between the Mavic and P4P it seems shipping is screwed up either way. Will we be seeing these drones before 2017?

This is getting frustrating...

NewEgg shows the P4P as In Stock and ready to ship. Jumped on chat with them but they were useless saying it is a Marketplace item and to contact seller directly (i.e. DJI)

Meanwhile, anyone else notice the big Refund button on their order status page? I swear that wasn't there before today...

Reactions: Bigbells
There really needs to be a forum sticky that states:

1. DJI ships what it wants when it wants and nothing that any vendor (including DJI customer service) says regarding a shipping timeframe has any meaning whatsoever.
2. No matter what promises are made, a vendor cannot ship anything until DJI ships product to them.
3. Once placed you will not be able to get any (accurate) updates on your order from anyone, ever, period.
4. If you do receive any information from anyone, refer to item #1 on this list.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164