P4P Rolls over and crashes.

Stanzp4p

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Now have a new problem. My son crashed my P4P. I replaced the upper shell with all the components, 3 in 1 and all sensors and motors, replaced gimbals, Replaced lower shell and legs. The problem still exists. The flight data shows no anomalies. Some time it flies for several minutes then rolls over and crashes. After replacing components I would just hover just a few inches off the level ground. The direction of roll is always the same, rolls to the right. I am attaching one of the flight records in case someone will see something I didn't. Also used another remote.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2023-02-18_[14-40-50][1].txt
    52.6 KB · Views: 107
Now have a new problem. My son crashed my P4P. I replaced the upper shell with all the components, 3 in 1 and all sensors and motors, replaced gimbals, Replaced lower shell and legs. The problem still exists. The flight data shows no anomalies. Some time it flies for several minutes then rolls over and crashes. After replacing components I would just hover just a few inches off the level ground. The direction of roll is always the same, rolls to the right. I am attaching one of the flight records in case someone will see something I didn't. Also used another remote.
It's hard to tell what's causing the issue, but your data shows that after 40 seconds of stable hovering, the drone rolled right, dipped forwards a little and started rotating anticlockwise.
This looks like a loss of thrust from the front right motor.
The sensors detected the movement, but the flight controller was unable to correct it.
Perhaps it's due to an intermittent fault in the ESC for that motor?

Reactions: Harleydude
It's hard to tell what's causing the issue, but your data shows that after 40 seconds of stable hovering, the drone rolled right, dipped forwards a little and started rotating anticlockwise.
This looks like a loss of thrust from the front right motor.
The sensors detected the movement, but the flight controller was unable to correct it.
Perhaps it's due to an intermittent fault in the ESC for that motor?
How did you find attitude information from the file I uploaded? I didn't see any.

Thanks, I checked it out and there is a lot good info included in that file

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic