P4P Repair

Reaction score
I crashed my drone. It came down on it's side and buckled one of the arms. I think my insurance will replace it with a new one, but I would like to fix this one for a spare backup one if possible. What is involved with replacing the upper and lower shell halves of the Phantom 4 Pro? What else is likely to be damaged once I get into it? I consider myself a fairly capable do-it-yourselfer but are things epoxied together once inside or are special tools needed? Also, where is the best place to buy the parts?

Last edited:
Are you good at diagnostics. That can be the big problem. Replacing things are not hard for a do it yourself’er. There are good You Tube videos on it. If something is not working right, now what?

That's one of my concerns for sure. The good news is, it still powers up, the motors sound good and the gimbal and camera appear to work properly. I did a little more research and found some great step by step instructions. It looks pretty straight forward

Reactions: Hounddog
I've done a full shell replacement on my older P4. I've been a techno geek for many decades. Replacing the shell means FULL disassembly of the old drone and you have to either cut or desolder the wires to the motors and then reconnect them after the swap. You need to be very careful and systematic in how you go about it. Taking photos with your phone at many steps in the disassembly will be very helpful when you need to check where things go while reassembling. You also need to invest in the right drivers for the screws that hold the various assemblies in place.

Reactions: Al Bany

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav