P4P Plus went down today...help analysising?

At minute 1.31 in the video, you see the blade flying off

blade flying off.JPG

Last edited:
That is a great capture Lannes! Yes and that is only half of the blade you see there. The other half was still on the drone when I recovered it. Really strange, if it wasn't a bird strike then that is a really freak situation.

How old were those props?

They were maybe 2 weeks old. Just got them from Drone Valley.
If they were genuine, you should be asking for some sort of compensation from DJI as you have proof of the failure

I guess we should change all our props after any sort of prop impact, just in case of this type of failure

Reactions: ChipperRay
I saw that frame with the piece of the prop also. Proof that the prop snapped in flight!
Sorry for your loss and I hope you get it resolved in your favor!

Hey Guys,

Had my first P4P Plus crash today. Wasn't up very long or very far, went unstable and then just dropped. Upon viewing my cached footage I see what appears to be part of my rotor flying off before she tumbles downward...bird strike?

Anyway open for suggestions...

Brand new propellers. I'm starting to wonder if this particular propeller was bad?
With respect, could it be the prop was not on securely

How did you arrive at that concusion?

+1 there is no impact at all in the video, the blade just comes off and the AC spirals down

OP did the blade have any prior impacts e.g previous crash, bent in case etc.

This kind of accident is almost only one at which you can not do anything. The propeller issues are one of those reasons why flying over people is forbidden. Nothing is 100% safe, although such reason of fall down is the most incredible.
My personal opinion is, that the P3 system of prop.attatchment is more reliable and if you practice it is not more time consuming that this one at P4. At this P4 one I would like to hear a click when it is fixed.
Andy

Wow! Great footage. Failure is horrifying. Camera gimbal makes attitude a little confusing. These things are so reliable that it's easy to forget that they are mass manufactured, and don't get inspections like light aircraft. No prop magneflux, etc. Ouch. Every in the aircraft pilots worst nightmare, a mechanical failure where you're helplessly watching your demise. This captures the feeling perfectly, except your life is replaced with a fairly expensive tool. A big difference, but still...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor