P4P Plus went down today...help analysising?

You should be able to finalise the video file by powering the Phantom on and off again with the SD card in.
The last couple of seconds may be lost though.
You can upload video to Youtube or similar and post a link here.
Ok Sars...I just did the upload to YouTube. I will try to find it and post the link.

From the log file it appears that it was likely prop failure.

View attachment 89621

The aircraft is flying south in a crosswind of 15 - 20 mph from the west, hence the positive roll values. At 149 seconds it rolls left, pitches back and enters a tumbling fall at close to free fall acceleration. That suggests it lost the rear left prop.
Yes I think that is very close...it was one of the black marked props so either the left front (which I believe it is) or the right rear. If you watch the video I think you will agree with the left front...See if I can find it on you tube now. I labeled it P4P Plus hits the dirt.

Yes I think that is very close...it was one of the black marked props so either the left front (which I believe it is) or the right rear. If you watch the video I think you will agree with the left front...See if I can find it on you tube now. I labeled it P4P Plus hits the dirt.

OK - well front left is actually more consistent with the resulting positive yaw, but I'm not sure why it pitched up in that situation. Still need the DAT file to explain that.

To share the .dat file you would have to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link to where you uploaded it.

However the .txt file is enough to eliminate some things.
Here's what your data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It shows that you launched with a less than fully charged battery which can cause trouble.
But in this case it doesn't appear to be responsible.
At the time things started to go wrong, 2:29.1, the battery was reporting 14.47V which is well over the critical level of 3.3V.
The data also shows the Phantom spinning and tumbling under power as it fell.
This does not contradict the suggested cause of a broken prop.

If you could find the missing part of the prop, perhaps it might have some evidence to determine why it broke?
Wow, nice! Thanks Meta4!

To share the .dat file you would have to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link to where you uploaded it.

However the .txt file is enough to eliminate some things.
Here's what your data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It shows that you launched with a less than fully charged battery which can cause trouble.
But in this case it doesn't appear to be responsible.
At the time things started to go wrong, 2:29.1, the battery was reporting 14.47V which is well over the critical level of 3.3V.
The data also shows the Phantom spinning and tumbling under power as it fell.
This does not contradict the suggested cause of a broken prop.

If you could find the missing part of the prop, perhaps it might have some evidence to determine why it broke?
Yes I could go back there, but it is on private property. If I knew exactly where it landed I would attempt it, but I really wouldn't want to spend too much time looking. The way it was thrown, it looks like it would be a little SouthWest of the crash site.

You should be able to finalise the video file by powering the Phantom on and off again with the SD card in.
The last couple of seconds may be lost though.
You can upload video to Youtube or similar and post a link here.
Meta, I didn't realize at the time the video would not turn out. I did what I normally do after a flight and moved the video file from the bird to my computer when I found out it would not play. Anyways, I did manage to take a video of my cached video which seemed to turn out ok.

Sorry guys. I've never posted to YouTube before or used Google Drive. It's been a learning curve for me today. Thank you for your patience.

I'm not sure why my assist has no Flight Control tab. Here is a screen shot of what I have...

Attachments

• 2017-10-15_2002.png
    2017-10-15_2002.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 321

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z